Add the 4-20 Boston/Montreal NESN-HD feed for CI you morons!

ehren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Wisconsin
there are only 6 primetime MLB games. LOL there isn't enough bandwidth to show 1 NHL game? It's the only freakin game on the CI schedule!

Last edited by a moderator:
it sure would be nice for someone at Echostar to explain why the HD feed is not available tonight. I am sure it is bandwidth but there are not that many NBA and MLB game tonight.

They can't mirror NESN-HD on one of the ALT HD channels? 3 of them are open, 441, 442 and 444 they could have used.

The CI EPG for Wednesday only shows CBC for the Montreal/Boston series and the website shows CBC and BOS feeds.

This company cannot connect the dots.

sorry ehren . . . maybe due to the uncertainty of games/times, it is not in epg but will broadcast live anyways at game time . . . good luck :)

The CI EPG for Wednesday only shows CBC for the Montreal/Boston series and the website shows CBC and BOS feeds.

This company cannot connect the dots.

It would be great if you switched providers so we didn't have to hear you complain all the time. I mean, all you do is bitch about Dish, so why stay with a company that always makes you mad? I don't get it....:confused:

Also next time this happens, instead of bitching on here email dishquality (at) echostar.com. They seem to help out and give you a real response instead of a canned response from the other email addresses they have..

To all of you members that are flaming Ehren on this topic just answer me a qusetion. If it was on broadcast in HD for CI subscribers (not people in NESN area) what channel was it on? I could not find it, only the SD feeds from NESN and CBC. If it was there and I just could not find it why is it not in the channel guide so that people who work evenings can DVR the game. I know NHL is not as popular as the NBA and other sports but this is the playoffs.

John

Last edited:
yes 1st two rounds only
That's pretty cool.

NFL, NBA, and MLB don't include playoff games because every game is national anyway.

I assuming after the first 2 rounds (hockey has like 1,000 rounds :p) they no longer include playoff games because more games are national as well?

I am asking because Hockey is the only sport of our major 4 that I know nothing about.

Can't we get an answer to the original qusetion rather than going off on a tangent. Why aren't all CI games in HD for the playoffs? If a person in the NESN coverage area gets the HD NESN feed on his NESN channel on dish then why don't CI viewers like me who paid $169.00 in the begining of the year to follow the Bruins while living in a non NESN coverage area only get the SD feed for the game or at least the home feed such as the CBC HD feed for the game?

If as someone earlier pointed out that it may be on an alternate channel then why not listed it in the guide so that it may be DVR'd for those who are working. They certainly can't be making the decision what alternate channel to show the HD feed on so close to game time that it can't be in the guide several days before game.

As much as Ehren complains he has a valid point here.

Can't we get an answer to the original qusetion rather than going off on a tangent. Why aren't all CI games in HD for the playoffs? If a person in the NESN coverage area gets the HD NESN feed on his NESN channel on dish then why don't CI viewers like me who paid $169.00 in the begining of the year to follow the Bruins while living in a non NESN coverage area only get the SD feed for the game or at least the home feed such as the CBC HD feed for the game?

If as someone earlier pointed out that it may be on an alternate channel then why not listed it in the guide so that it may be DVR'd for those who are working. They certainly can't be making the decision what alternate channel to show the HD feed on so close to game time that it can't be in the guide several days before game.

Perhaps nobody knows, that is why they cannot give you an answer?

Looking at the CI schedule on DirecTV, all of the games (not all of the feeds) are in HD except for one series (Devils and Hurricanes) during the entire first round playoff period (second round not determined yet), including the NESN coverage. This must mean it has to be an issue with Dish, probably a RSN bandwidth issue (one negative about not CARRYING the HD RSNs on a full time basis), or placed on an alternate channel that you must have missed???

...why don't CI viewers like me who paid $169.00 in the begining of the year to follow the Bruins while living in a non NESN coverage area only get the SD feed for the game or at least the home feed such as the CBC HD feed for the game.

Two points: The reason we don't have the NESN HD feed outside NESN territory is because Dish either 1) doesn't know that it is available or 2) that they just don't care about what us customers think about their (sometimes) stupid decisions.

2nd point: The only time you will see a Canadian feed in HD is when the NHL Network is showing it or it's shown by Versus, like the Flames-Blackhawks game was last night.

I really don't know when or if ever we'll get the Canadian feeds in HD for Center Ice.

all of my complaints are valid :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)