Dish channels for FIFA?

derekcentrico

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Florida
Anyone know what channels/packages will be required to see the FIFA World Cup next month? I have the America 250 with HD. Any ideas???

Want to be able to watch USA and Brazil in HD if at all possible without extra costs...

Thanks!

I believe Telefutura will be teaming with Univision to show all the matches (that is every World Cup match that is played), in HD I believe.

for English commentary...u can watch the games on ESPN/ESPN2/ABC & all games over there will be in HD (ie if you get ABC in HD). For Spanish commentary...u can watch it on Univision HD (recently uplinked). Dont know if it will also be on Telefutura (also uplinked in HD with Univision).As per ur package...u are covered on both sides.

Anyone know what channels/packages will be required to see the FIFA World Cup next month? I have the America 250 with HD. Any ideas???

Want to be able to watch USA and Brazil in HD if at all possible without extra costs...

Thanks!
It's important for you to let us know your satellite setup. If you have either Eastern Arc or Western Arc, then you'll be able for sure to watch ALL matches in HD in either English, via ESPN, ESPN2 and, if available for you, your local ABC in HD or in Spanish in the recently uplinked on 72.7 and 129W Univision HD and Telefutura HD, because all of these channels are included in the America 250 with HD - that's my currently setup.

So fair to say you or someone in your family is a fan of the SELECAO? ;)

I'd assume I'm in the eastern arc? But I don't know. I believe my satellites are 110 118 129.
110 119 and 129 would be Western Arch - 118 if for internationals. If youhave 110, 119 and 129, then you are fine, you'll have the option of watching the matches in HD in either Spanish or English.

It's important for you to let us know your satellite setup. If you have either Eastern Arc or Western Arc, then you'll be able for sure to watch ALL matches in HD in either English, via ESPN, ESPN2 and, if available for you, your local ABC in HD or in Spanish in the recently uplinked on 72.7 and 129W Univision HD and Telefutura HD, because all of these channels are included in the America 250 with HD - that's my currently setup.

If he has Americas Top 250 with HD, then we don't need to know his satellite setup, since it is setup for Americas Top 250 with HD. ;)

BTW, if he does not have ABC in HD, then he may not be able to see all matches in English and HD, because a few will be on ABC, such as USA-England - and then he would need to tune to Univision-HD in order to see it in HD.

If he has Americas Top 250 with HD, then we don't need to know his satellite setup, since it is setup for Americas Top 250 with HD. ;)
Keep in mind that if one's not seeing either 72.7 or 129, that means s/he can't get Uni and Telefutura in HD, hence my question. I mean, one can be set up for America's Top 250 with HD and be on the 61.5/110/119 and that would mean no Uni or Telefutura in HD(and no BBCA, Fox Soccer Channel, etc).

Keep in mind that if one's not seeing either 72.7 or 129, that means s/he can't get Uni and Telefutura in HD, hence my question. I mean, one can be set up for America's Top 250 with HD and be on the 61.5/110/119 and that would mean no Uni or Telefutura in HD(and no BBCA, Fox Soccer Channel, etc).

Which would have been a better wording than "what satellites do you get?" - which a lot of people do not know.

Simply adding the "asterisk" or "small print" of

unless you have 119/110/61.5

is sufficient, as we do not need a personal service evaluation from every post in the Forum. Not that we don't want to help everyone, but it is not possible to answer every question personally - people need to learn how to find information ("teach a man to fish...").

Thanks for all of the helpful responses!!!! I'm looking forward to watching FIFA in HD for the first time. Last time around I had shizzy cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)