Dish charged me $200 for 'upgrade' when I moved!

Every existing Dish customer is listed as a Plan A, B, or C and Upgrades and DishMover prices are reflected on these ratings. Dish has all kinds of reasons to support how they rate a customer but you will never get one solid answer. It mostly has to do with level of programming, how long you've been a customer, and how well you pay your bill.

Call Dish and ask or go to a retailer and have them look it up. A retailer can look it up with your last name or phone number along with your account number.

I could do it if you wanted me to.

I chatted with customer service as well and apart from being unable to resolve it, he went onto another tangent.

Read for yourself..

(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: I show that you did a dish mover on 7/11/2010. Since you have two dishes, there is a charge for the second dish for 99.95. Total charges were 199.95, however you did receive a discount of 99.95. The 100.00 dollar difference is the charge for the second dish installation for your interpretational channels.
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: international*
MJ: I dont have 2 dishes
MJ: i have one dish only
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: Your programming requires two dishes. One for satellite 110 and 119 for your dish welcome package. Then one for your international package, the Pak Mega package pointed at satellite 118.
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: You cannot receive all channels with one dish.
MJ: Well,, I have only one dish on my roof.
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: Can you please press the menu button on the remote followed by 6 (System Setup), 1 (Installation), then 3 (System Info) and tell me what is listed in field H? (If Warning 504 appears please select yes to access the system info screen.)
MJ: i am not infront of the tv sreen right now
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: I do apologize but we will need to verify this before making any changes.
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: Since you have 3 orbital's, you will need three dishes. If you only have one dish, programming will have to be removed.
MJ: There is only one dish on my roof.
MJ: and no three orbitals dont require three dishes
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: What is the model of your dish?
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: There is a 100.00 dollar charge for a second dish 500 or a dish 1000 plus dish installation.
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: If you do not have a second dish, you have a dish 1000 plus, which also incurs a 100.00 dollar charge.
MJ: I dont have dish1000 i have dish 500
MJ: I have One dish 500
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: I show you have international programming from satellite 118, correct?
MJ: well that is another probelm, I am unable to receive 118 channels(for which I am paying for). I have contacted tech support several times and they have been unable to resolve it..
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: I am with advance technical support, however if you are not at the tv now we cannot troubleshoot.
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: The orbital location 118 requires a 100.00 dollar charge for a dish mover. If you only have one dish 500 pointed at 118, I can remove the dish welcome package from the account since you cannot receive this programming.
MJ: does anyone at dish network actually know what they talk about. Everytime I call about an unnecessary charge or the fact that my international channels dont work , you guys have different stories.
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: Yes, I am a very experienced agent.
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: If you have any international programming from 118, there is a 100 dollar dish mover charge.
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: No exceptions are made for this.
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: If you are not getting programming, we can troubleshoot, however it will require you to be at the receiver.
MJ: I have called 5 times already when i am AT the receiver and the agent says they will push a file down to my receiver and it should work in 30 minutes. and it doesnt
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: This is a programming hit, this will only make the information appear on the guide menu, it will not resolve a signal issue.
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: I can troubleshoot a signal issue if you are seeing error 015 or 002.
MJ: ok what do we do here now?
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: What error message do you see on the screen?
MJ: and i was not informed of any charge when i ordered the dish mover
MJ: Kevin, I am not infront of my TV screen
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: I'm sorry that you were not informed, however this charge applies for all accounts that have orbital 118 used for international programming. This charge cannot be waived.
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: I would advise to contact us back when you are in front of the receiver in order to properly troubleshoot the issue.
MJ: how come you can not advise a customer of a big charge and still stick it in their bill?
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: I do show that you have contacted us several times disputing the charge. I also show the agent did note that they gave you all disclosures for the dish mover.
MJ: does the disclosures state that I am being advised of the charge?
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: The disclosures do go over all charges, changes, and requirements for the dish mover.
MJ: I have a form that was emailed to me during the installation and it mentions NOTHING about the charge
MJ: can you send me those disclosures where i signed agreeing for the $100 charge?
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: I do apologize but the disclosures are given over the phone or chat by the agent.
MJ: I was not verbally informed of any charge
(04-03-23rf) Kevin D.YYR: I do apologize but the account notes show that the agent gave all disclosures. This charge is valid and cannot be waived. While this is not the answer you were looking for, I do apologize but I am not able to waive this charge since it is valid.

To me, it sounds like the CSR handled himself very professionally. He can't really help you if you are not by your receiver. As for you not getting your channels, it looks like you do not have the proper equipment. Looks like you need another Dish for your international channels. Why you didn't get the other Dish put up but got charged anyway, I have no idea.

I think the question to ask them is: "Why didn't the installer put up the poper equipment for me to get all the channels I subscribe to and why was I charged for it?"

To me, it sounds like the CSR handled himself very professionally. He can't really help you if you are not by your receiver. As for you not getting your channels, it looks like you do not have the proper equipment. Looks like you need another Dish for your international channels. Why you didn't get the other Dish put up but got charged anyway, I have no idea.

I think the question to ask them is: "Why didn't the installer put up the poper equipment for me to get all the channels I subscribe to and why was I charged for it?"

I don't know, Schermann, the CSR seemed pretty clueless as to antennas there at the start of the chat and said some stupid things like having to have two antennas in order to get internationals. They screwed up my "free" Dishmover a couple years or so ago and gave me all kinds of nonsensical blather in an online chat which I forwarded to the Exec Office for resolution. They apologized and removed the charges for my "free" move under the protection plan.

Well, this is a bad policy of Dish. Sure, there is an additional cost to Dish for providing the "+", but instead of staying true to the spirit of FREE Dish Mover to have you receive the same services you received at the time the Move was approved, Dish adopts a practice that just ticks customers off. It is not unreasonable for Dish to provide one with the exact services one had at the old address with NO EXTRAS.

Charlie, this is exactly the kind of CRAP that HURTS Dish's reputation (or affirms it as being only as good as the slimiest used car sales company) and your supposed personal commitment to "customer satisfaction." I would hope you make certain CSR's infom customers that they have to pony-up $100-$200 to get the "+" they are getting today for the "FREE" Mover, but that would only scare off your customers and have them go to DirecTV, so it makes sense that the customer finds the surprise charge on the next bill. What' the point of the FREE Mover program if it isn't really free?

Well, if Dish got rid of the FREE Mover program, I suppose that would mean we would all know, up front, what we would be paying and not have a surprise on the next bill and not feel cheated or mistreated, or "flim-flammed" or "got a tooken." Like my uncle used to say, "That's when they stick it to you!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)