Dish Club numbers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
Why are folks not allowed to request Dish Club numbers on SatGuys?

It would be nice for those requesting to get the deal, and good for those of us that would like to see a monthly reduction of our bills....

Sorry I do not have a specific answer for you. I do know that it was the source for a long discussion by the staff. It was finally decided by Scott (I think) that open solicitation (both giving and receiving) would not be allowed. I do not remember the reason, but I know it was a valid one. I think at one point people were even trying to sell referral numbers and that was the last straw. Perhaps one of the other mods or Scott remembers the conversation.

See ya
Tony

Only staff members are allowed to give out Club Dish referrals (unless a non-staff PMs the person first). Staff are given this privilege because they're not paid for their work here. Seems to me that they're not forced to do it though... :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter, any person who opens a thread requesting a Dish Club number usually gets pm'ed dozens of them (usually within 5 mins.) before a mod comes along and kills the thread (after sending a number of his own of course).

That is one of the issues of why we don't allow the posts here.

1) Is the user gets LOTS of PM's in their box in a short period of time. The user does not clean out their PM's and those PM's sit on our server forever.

2) Some users will PM the person asking for the numbers and actually harass the member to use their PM number and not use other members numbers.

In addition the main reason we stopped the sharing of ClubDish numbers was because we had people coming in every day posting their numbers in the public forum. They got mad when we removed them and they felt that it was their right to spam us with their club dish numbers.

Anyone who subscribes to satellite television has a referral program available to them, if we let people post their numbers the site would be filled with nothing then people looking to get referrals.

We do want people to sign up for satellite television which is why we want people to email staff for a referral number. All the staff here is unpaid, but honestly believe it or not its been over 6 months Since I myself have given a referral to Dish and about 3 months since I gave one for DirecTV.

And there you have it.

I, personally wouldn't want to share my referral number of ab1212901 because I wouldn't want my PM box to fill up :) (j/k)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)