DISH Comcast Dispute?

using streaming is not an option for many sat users, as they have no internet
so that will not fill the void

i see many people moving to a diff service
Don't think that applies to Sling customers considering that's what I was talking about.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Nothing indicates that NBCSN is part of this that I can see from the website.

In general, I could lose all those they list, with little harm, but Bravo and USA are pretty popular. And some probably like watching MSNBC as well. Losing NBCSN would be devastating (to me), but other than local NY RSNs, Dish hasn't permanently lost anything, so I won't lose any sleep over this until the EPL goes black.

Dish has been steadily seeing a decline in subs and these battles are part of the reason imo.
Is Directv seeing growth in subscribers ? Are cable companies ? My impression is that the majority of customers who cancel their TV subscription go with nothing vs a competitor.

Is Directv seeing growth in subscribers ? Are cable companies ? My impression is that the majority of customers who cancel their TV subscription go with nothing vs a competitor.

directv added @ 214,000 Q4 of 2015

The problem of course, is that Dish has been steadily seeing a decline in subs and these battles are part of the reason imo.
In general, there are no disruptions to service, and often most people don't even know these dramas happen.

Reactions: Tampa8
just another reason we need ala carte
we would know better what the network was charging
how many channels would disappear if no one wanted to sub to them?

That isn't A La Carte but it has been discussed to death.

I disagree with just about everything you said.
The Dish loyalists will be the only ones that will keep paying dish like nothing ever happend.

The rest will buy their programming else where and demand credits.
And I bet it will be far more than 2 per 10,000.
Especially when the Sling customers whom already are 600,000 of Dish networks customers base could switch to Play station Vue and get way more channels and 5 streams of service including the potential dropped channels.

The dropped NBC locals alone in that list, are mostly Huge city's like NY and Philadelphia are really going pissed off Dish customers.

You aren't talking about a single Local market in Wyoming.

But some of you guys need to remove the Blinders if you think this dispute wouldn't have a huge impact on Dish.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Yes. Those reasons are why I posted early this isn't one DISH will be too successful at if the channels are taken down. We don't know what Comcast is asking, it may be more than just about money as we see has been the case recently so to be fair to DISH knowing that could change my mind. (Streaming rights etc...) But if there is a way DISH can get past some of what they want and get it done without the channels dropping this time I think they should do that. I also think some channels are not up as yet? So it appears the attempt is to get them all under a new contract at the same time. With some shows like Suits not starting again till the Summer maybe DISH can get by with some channels being pulled for a short time. But still these are not channels like Viacom, some shows on these channels are watched by a decent percentage of people.

Reactions: Troch77
Most of the growth was from AT&T cannibalizing their UVerse TV product and converting the subs to DirecTV.
Directvs biggest problem is they are way to expensive.
They could redeem themselves with a new pricing structure.
Lower those Premiums, Make all packages available with and without RSNs.
Stop charging that ridiculous first receiver fee.

Dish would need to add far more HD sports content and keep the price the same.
That's far more difficult IMO.

If Dish had everything that's Directv has programming wise.
No doubt in my mind Dish would be more expensive.
For as much of these Disputes there are with dish, they should be far cheaper then they currently are.

If I wasn't under the good 2 year price lock, the difference would be minimal.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: pattykay
Allen holy crap how many of the same links do you have to put in the same thread.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
all i am doing is showing you guys some of the articles that are talking about this dispute all i am doing it to get you guys informed on what is going on.please dont yell all i am trying to do it to help you guys out on the forum.

Well mine would be a little more then $5, but I understand your point.

Except It's more like $15 at my house with the 1st receiver fee and the over $6 RSN fee.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

just checked my dtv bill, no first receiver fee
Watch DIRECTV on Multiple TVs
2 TVs at $7; Save $7 off 1st TV
and my regional sports is 3.63
also have free hd for life

just checked my dtv bill, no first receiver fee
Watch DIRECTV on Multiple TVs
2 TVs at $7; Save $7 off 1st TV
and my regional sports is 3.63
also have free hd for life
Okay but that's you, that's not the norm anymore.

The norm is $7 first receiver and $15 advanced receiver fee.
And my RSN Free is $6.63.

Your prices are unobtainable by a New customer.
The premiums are also $19 for HBO
And $14 for the rest.
That adds up.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

take a look at how canada is doing it

here is bell
https://business.bell.ca/shop/small-business/tv/fibe/programming/a-la-carte-15/specialty-tab

base pack - $37 iirc
Select individual channels starting at $4/mo. each
Select 15 channels for $15/mo.
Select 30 channels for $24/mo.

First off that is the BUSINESS side of Bell...not residential

You also have to realize that alot of the Canadian TV stations with names that we have here in the states are NOT the same channel. Alot of them are owned by the same 3 or 4 companies in Canada and just the name is the same for principal...but older programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)