Dish Contract Policy

If, after that period of time they don't meet their obligation in the contract, you can disconnect citing that DISH failed to meet the terms of the contract and was in breach.

I have seen thousands of cases go through where people accuse DISH of breach of contract. If you read the terms, DISH may terminate the agreement at any point without prior notice or reason as one of the parties, without dissolving any owed amounts (yes, fine print is evil.) You also agree to arbitration as of last quarter as I recall. :)

Out of those cases, want to guess how many I've seen win? Let alone get one of the Big 3 to clear their credit history for it?

Simply read the contract. It even mentiones the 13.00 per month for the remaining months, by you asking where the 13.33 comes from means you didnt read the contract? thats a big no no. Retailers make comission of sales and so do sales partners. They wont explain everything. Not all of them but most of them. The cancellation fee is to cover costs of the install and so on. it costs dish around 400 - 500 dllrs to install a new customer. Thats equipment that wont be brand new anymore, pay the installer(and no the installer does not make 49.99!)

I would consider transfering the account to someone else, or if you really are not happy.. just cancel it?

I cancelled my verizon phone because it was cheaper to pay the cancellation fee than their monthly rate! (just an example)

I have seen thousands of cases go through where people accuse DISH of breach of contract. If you read the terms, DISH may terminate the agreement at any point without prior notice or reason as one of the parties, without dissolving any owed amounts (yes, fine print is evil.) You also agree to arbitration as of last quarter as I recall. :)

Out of those cases, want to guess how many I've seen win? Let alone get one of the Big 3 to clear their credit history for it?

I've seen some successes, but those were people who usually know how to tear through a contract. Contracts impose obligations on both parties, any judge will tell you that.

They'll also tell you to read what you sign. Yet look at all the posts around here by people that don't.

Believe me, I know. I do installs and I give the customer the paperwork for them to read over while I'm working before I start the install. Most of the time, they just set it on the table and do whatever else. Then they ask me for a rundown of it all.

"Call your salesman."

My contract ended and have been looking all over for the original one without success. Just saw in this thread an option for no contract for $50. What's that about? Is there a way I can get myself a VIP722 in place of my VIP211 (leased) short of buying a new one for $450 without creating a new 18 mo contract or is that what the $50 thing was about?

So this brings up am interesting question. I have been with dish for about 11 years and i have no idea after 3 or 4 house moves where my contract is.
I found this DISH Network -- About Us
but i see no mention of a cancellation fee or fees but it does say promotions may have limitations.
So when i added a 211 and agreed to 18 months commitment where are the terms for that ? I was never sent anything and cant find anything online.
BTW im not trying to get out of it but i wonder where you are all looking for these "contracts"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)