DISH COVERAGE OF OLYMPICS

Scott Greczkowski said:
The two channels are up in testing.

CSR's do not find out about new channels until after they are turned on.

We should see them flipped on tomorrow.

This is sad but true, information is seldom provided to the agents in advance. That's why we have this forum, we stay one step ahead. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

But then they would set a precedent... Next would be, we want 3D channels of everything......
Not reasonable-thinking people, though.

I get people want 3D. I just want to have HD be completed first.
Are there a lot of channels that Dish carries in SD-only that are available in HD?

Completely agree with you once again. Until Dish can resolve it's issues with getting all channels possible in HD, there is no need to jump ahead and push for 3D. it would only result in taking steps backward.
Please explain how carrying one TEMPORARY PART-TIME channel would be taking a step backwards on the road to more full-time HD?

Please explain how carrying one TEMPORARY PART-TIME channel would be taking a step backwards on the road to more full-time HD?[/QUOTE]

Gary, I would have no problem with a one time temp channel for the olympics. I merely meant for dish to not shift focus to 3D as history shows us that when Dish switches focus it usually means the previous gets forgotten about all together.

Channel 406 for soccer? What for basketball? What are all of the Olympics channels with CHANNEL NUMBERS (no one ever provides those).

A temporary channel would not impact Dish's ability to add HD channels to its lineup. At most, it would delay a channel for three weeks (assuming that Dish is completely out of bandwidth and the 3D channel would occupy the space for the final HD channel). 3D haters will go to such extremes to justify not making the content available for those who want it.

Here is what is currently on the two Olympic Channels. (The channels should becoming available tomorrow.)

Attachments

• nbc1.jpg
    nbc1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 274
  • nbc2.jpg
    nbc2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 297
Gary, I would have no problem with a one time temp channel for the olympics. I merely meant for dish to not shift focus to 3D as history shows us that when Dish switches focus it usually means the previous gets forgotten about all together.
Nobody in this thread is asking for a shift of focus. The only request here, and in the 3D Olympic thread, is to carry the 3D Olympic channel.

Thanks for info, Scott!
Wonder if you could share with us the channel numbers for Soccer and Basketball, or post back as soon as they are made public?
Caroline

GaryPen said:
Nobody in this thread is asking for a shift of focus. The only request here, and in the 3D Olympic thread, is to carry the 3D Olympic channel.

I never said they were, I just said that dish has a history forgetting about current projects when they jump to something else. I also said that I support a 3D temporary channel for the olympics. I am actually on your side on this.

GaryPen said:
Are there a lot of channels that Dish carries in SD-only that are available in HD

3D is pretty much sports and movies. When Dish completes the Cinemax suite with MoreMax and the rest of the suite in HD I would agree to movies in 3D. When Dish puts RSNs in 24/7 HD and hell freezes over getting the rest of the ESPN suite in HD I will agree to sports in 3D.

I have America's Everything and have spoken with 3 Dish CSR's in the past 2 days,the latest an upper level tech earlier this AM, and so far no one has succeeded in activating the NBC Olympic basketball and soccer channels,even though the 2 I talked to today agreed I SHOULD get those channels. The upper level tech after consulting with her supervisor told me the channels would be 145 and 146, but no joy there,just a logo for ESPN alternate.
So I think Dish is in disarray about how they are covering the Olympics. I did get to see the US women's soccer team vs France on the NBCSN (CH 159),but 145-146 do not have the special channels and I do not get channels 147-149 despite the CSR's attempt to add them to my list.
I will call Dish again tomorrow to see if they have resolved this.
Caroline

Looks like we'll be getting some special olympic apps.

Dish Network will not be airing the Olympics in 3D but it is offering special Olympics apps for its new Hopper DVR as well as for the legacy VIP DVR boxes. Starting Thursday, July 26, subscribers can go to the Dish home channel (100) to find out how to get the apps. There will also be onscreen instructions for getting the apps on the NBC channels airing the Olympics. The apps will include medal counts by country, news, and other Olympic related information.

3D Olympics Coverage-- How to Get It | Tech Goes Strong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts