Dish CSR please comment on mixed arc set-up for Puerto Rico and USVI customers

Harrumph! OK before I say anything bad again, I will first say that any effort at a reply by anyone from Dish is better than none at all. Thank you Tony for your effort to get to the bottom of this confusing situation.

And I defend Dish's desire to have me and as many people as possible on one arc or another for the reason stated. I'll even buy the claim that it costs Dish less than compensating customers on hybrid arc setups who suddenly find themselves without some service, at some point in the future, because their channels were moved in an emergency situation such as the SEU on Echo8 last month.

That said Echo15 is a brand new bird with a great footprint, even for PR/USVI. There appears to be no reason whatsoever to move HD channels off 61.5 right now, and filling up those transponders instead with SD already on 110/119. That is just perverse. Dish could instead leave (and add to) the HD on 61.5, while moving folks like me onto EA as they get around to it. I imagine the only hybrid arc customers who really can't go with an EA or WA dish at this time are those in PR/USVI.

I believe this is because of licensing issues.

Hey Dish, the competition is starting to get better in the USVI

Innovative Cable TV launched high-definition television programming and digital video recorders throughout the territory on March 14. Graciela Rivera, general manager of Innovative Cable TV, said, “High-definition programming and digital video recorders are products that customers have been requesting for quite some time, and we are very excited about these important additions to our Innovative offerings.”
wo new Motorola set-top converters were introduced to Innovative customers this week. Customers choosing HD/DVR converters will have the ability to record shows digitally to view at their convenience and will also have the ability to pause, fast-forward and rewind live TV.
hirteen HD channels have been added to our current expanded level of service with a mix of varied and diverse popular channels to appeal to a wide variety of current and new subscribers, including ESPN HD, Travel Channel HD, USA HD, a new channel, Universal HD and more. These channels are available to all expanded service customers with an HD converter and an HDTV,” Rivera said.

Honestly, the biggest reason for migrating customers from "hybrid" setups was to make channel migrations less involving with the customers. If a customer is all EA, the channels can be moved freely within the arc and the move would not be perceived by the end user. It also allows us to keep from channel redundancy. We do not have to carry locals from traditionally EA markets on WA satellites, and vice versa. During migrations and missing channels in hybrid setups, assume that a phone call ends up in a credit on an account if a channel goes offline for a customer. Even at a $1 per customer bit, that could be more costly then proactive correction over time.

So I researched this part of the question, mainly so I could better explain it. Believe me, my explanation may be crazy but its probably more easily understood.

Earth is roughly 24901.55 miles in circumference at the equator, which is where we orbit our satellites 22,300 miles above the surface. We pay to put the satellite in a particular place. We also pay for the frequencies we can transmit on and apply for the right to broadcast to certain areas. Satellite 77 is a case in point on broadcasting rights: It originally was solely used to broadcast signal to Mexico. We applied to allow it for use to broadcast in the U.S. and now it is, making a long story short. I am sure there was a cost and limitation on frequencies used, along with bandwidth allowed. That's a bit off from what I really wanted to explain.

For the rest of this, we'll say Earth is a large basketball (24901.55 miles in circumference, so I guess really REALLY large) and the satellite (doesn't matter which orbital at this point) is a school bus-sized flashlight. At the distance the flashlight is from the earth, it can only shine light on about 1/3 of it. Being that the flashlight is limited on usable power, both by regulation and longevity for the light itself, it can only output a certain amount of power. Focusing the flashlight allows for the same amount of power to "brighten" particular areas. That being said, each flashlight is focused on a particular area and not all areas.

This translates back to satellites as each satellite can only focus on a certain area and provide a signal to those areas. Based on the angle at which the satellite is in relation to its target area, the footprints on the earth can be elongated etc, but in order for the signal to be strong it is focused at a particular portion of the visible area. While PR/VI customers are supported, only a portion of that focused beam (transponders) are intended for the area. Being that each transponder is only allotted a certain amount of bandwidth, they can only provide a certain number of channels per transponder. That being said, CONUS subscribers do benefit from better support, being that there are more transponders focused on the mainland then in your area. Honestly, it is the same issue faced by Alaska and Hawaii subscribers. This however is subject to change as migrations happen, as well as when new satellites are launched. Echostar 14, the MAR 2010 addition to the orbiting fleet, was launched with the intention of bringing more channels to those subscribers in the limited support areas, and that intention has been realized with the addition of channels available in the area. I imagine that this increase in channels will continue to happen as things shift in the future.

On a related note, MPEG4 equipment is now the new installation requirement for PR/VI customers. Logical reasoning behind this, in my opinion, is that better compression technology will free up bandwidth and allow more channels in the future to the area, allowing many more channels on the same beam. While hurrying this along would be nice, there are customers with MPEG2 in the area so the switch cannot be instantaneous. Much like the digital transition, the preparation takes time. I am only speculating on the future for PR/VI customers, but it makes sense to me that changes for the better are coming.

We can get as technical as we want, but history is our side. I'm a Dish Network subs since 1997. Back then we needed a minimium 6 footers and a X500 receiver, cost on the Dish $600 and receiver $150. I got Dish right after Alfastar went out of businness. We were not recongnized as a Dish Market nor locartion 119 as official but they did activated our account with PR address. In 1998 the Dish boom in PR started and many including myself started our own business re-selling for Dealers and only charging for the installation. Average price for a system was $899 and many happy customer even tough 2 transponder from then 119 were very weak annd even a small cloud in front on th Dish will block HBO and others as I remember. Back in 2000 a new sat was moved to the 110 location, once again Dish hasd no issues actigvating the customer the Top-200 at the time which required 119 and 110. During 2003-04 CBS-Hd was added to the 61.5 location and I remember that Dish had no problems adding CBS-HD from new york to those who paid for the East Networks, I was one of them. Also new channels were just part of the packages, some International channels.

A friend and I became Authorized Dealers on 2004 and we identified a Niche Market, HD installations. When the VOOM Package was added, we had no problems activating that Package for new and existing customers willing too pay a great deal of money for 2 6 footers and a 4-5 footers. Also many mone their existing 6 footers and got the package. I remeber that I was if not the 1st the second person that got the Voom in PR on my personal account. I was making good money until all of the sudden Dish stop activating the Voom package in PR due to people starting calling to get the package and not having the necessary Dish to get it then asking for refunds. That always should be handled by Retailers. My business went to the drain after that.

Voom got screwed and Dish kept some channels and added new ones, National HDs. They call it the Dish Silver, Gold and Platimum. Again Dish lets up keep the channels and all 3(110-119-61.5) location were supported.

I can keep going but those were some examples when Dish had no issue gettting our $$$$. Last year on June on the Retailer Seminar on San Juan they promised that Pr will have the same business rules as US, well this is not happenning. Why do we pay the same amount for the Premiums and we keep losing the HD channels. If they deseigned a Dish HD package for PR, do the same for Premiums. This is all people is asking, I know that we've progressed, but we are paying the same for less.

In my case I haven't done that but I planned to take my AEP down to the Top-250. Once you get used to the HD quality there's not going back. And yes, I love the Dish features I have a 922, and use the Sling almost everyday. Specially when I go to a hotel and a channel selection just blows. I paid $174 including taxes every month for my 922-722-622 system. I was a victim off all the price and additional receivers fees, and keep them because my family and I got used to the dual tunners recordings. There's no comparison in service in PR but things are changing.

Sorry for the long post.

Tom

For now according to Innovative's ad they are offering one channel in HD, ESPN. Cost is around $60 per month with a single digital converter. They are upgrading from DCT 1000s to DCT 2000s. While this is an improvement the DCT 2000 is still ten year old technology.

Because much of Innovative's plant is either 450 or 400 Mhz depending on which island you are on Innovative has to use maximum compression to offer the number of channels they do which doesn't improve picture quality.

Jim

For now according to Innovative's ad they are offering one channel in HD, ESPN. Cost is around $60 per month with a single digital converter. They are upgrading from DCT 1000s to DCT 2000s. While this is an improvement the DCT 2000 is still ten year old technology.

Because much of Innovative's plant is either 450 or 400 Mhz depending on which island you are on Innovative has to use maximum compression to offer the number of channels they do which doesn't improve picture quality.

Jim

If they are offering HD and a DVR then it aint going to be a DCT 2000, if I remember it only has S video out at best. They must have some other type of box

While any response is better than no response, I still don't get Dish's thinking. A conus transponder is a conus transponder, whether it's on 61.5 or 72.7, except for the fact that the sats currently at 72.7 don't have a beam pattern including PR/USVI. There is also the matter of invalidating hybrid arc customers such as myself, which I think cost Dish a pretty penny in the aggregate.

So, moving HD to 72.7 and SD to 61.5 causes maximum pain all around: greatest cost to Dish on 1000.4 retrofits and WHUPs, and thoroughly alienating PR/USVI HD customers. What compelling reason does Dish have for inflicting such pain?

The equation is simple, if you buy 10 pounds of cheese, get home and all you got is 8 pounds, how would you feel????, specially with the investment people here have made on overall equipment. Why would they leave 119 transponder 5 whose spot beam is dedicated for Puerto Rico/USVI with just a WGN and leave the rest empty. And they keep taking people very expensive subs money. I made my change and no longer provide my 194.00 a month and more and my money is no longer being sent DISH. Very simple. Do I feel bad, yes. But it's against my principle not to be taken a as a sucker. When you pay over 2,500.00 a year for a half empty plate I could not tolerate it. I am the kind of individual that when I loose my love for something I never go back.

Call it what you want but everyone has its limits and mine was reached

I believe this is because of licensing issues.

If it was just that simple why wouldn't Tony just state that rather then some longwinded explanation on the curve of the earth, which had nothing to do with the question posed. Also
the channels are being received in SD anyway

Innovative hasn't updated their Web site yet to promote the HD & DVR services they will be offering. I agree they will need something other than the DCT 2000 to offer enhanced services. Probably the reason they migrated from the DCT 1000 to the DCT 2000 is that the surplus and scrap dealers no longer could supply DCT 1000s as major MSOs replaced this serices this series of DCTs 8 - 10 years ago.

Even with Innovative's upgrades they still will have a one way system meaning to order PPV you need to call them on the phone.

Until Innovative completes a complete rebuild they will not be competitive with either Dish or Direct. Then they still have to overcome the disadvantage of their poor customer service and high service prices.

Jim

DISH Network only supports installations of 119/110 in the PR/VI area. Before last year, the installation we would do directly actually required two dishes. Last year, that changed with the adoption of the 500PR. Any other installations, with regard to International Programming, were done by retailers. There were no comments ever made regarding a 61.5 orbital installation in PR/VI for additional HD channels.

The recent migration of core programming from the 61.5 orbital location was not meant to affect PR/VI customers, as the 61.5 orbital location was not meant to provide any HD channels to the area to begin with. I hope that everyone affected by this migration in the PR/VI area understand that the channels that are "going away" were never meant to be received.

Please take everything I previously stated as distribution of information, as I can completely understand that there are some of you arguing the fact that the channels CAN be provided, and therefore SHOULD be provided. While it is not my place to speculate on up and coming channel adds and programming "births" to particular areas, its easy to see that historically channels have been added, intentionally, into your market. The whole concept behind the channel migrations is redundancy and freeing up bandwidth. For those of you affected, I can understand the expression of distaste in losing the channels, and I can honestly say that I am sorry about it.

I truly hope all of you being affected understand that no matter what business a company is in, it would not survive intentionally trying to "hose" (as I have heard the term here in other threads) its patrons. All that being said, I will be sure to escalate this topic up to Programming and see if there is something that can be done to expedite what must already be in the works: more channels to PR/VI.

BTW, to be as complete as possible, here is a list of channels available in HD to the PR/VI area, officially. I have requested a channel line-up card to be created on the DISH Network website, where there are already Hawaii and Alaska cards. This is the most recent I have available. These channels are found on the 119/110 orbitals in your area:

HD120 PR/VI
4901 DISCOVERY HD (DISHD) 182 EDUCATION
4902 HISTORY HD (HIST) 120 HISTORY
4903 CARTOON NETWORK HD (TOON) 176 HD
4904 COMEDY CENTRAL HD (CMDY) 107 GENERAL ENT
4907 NICKELODEON (EAST) HD (NICK) 170 FAMILY
4908 TURNER NETWORK TELEVISION HD (TNT) 138 DRAMA
4909 USA NETWORK HD (USAHD) 105 GENERAL ENT
4910 ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT HD (A&E) 118 DRAMA
4911 SYFY HD (SYFYHD) 122 SCI FI
4913 FOOD NETWORK HD (FOOD) 110 FOOD AND NUTRITION
4915 HOME & GARDEN TELEVISION HD (HGTV) 112 HOME AND GARDEN
4916 LIFETIME HD (LIFE) 108 WOMEN'S PROG
4917 SPIKE HD (SPIKE) 168 DRAMA
4918 TURNER BROADCAST SYSTEM HD (TBS) 139 DRAMA
4926 MTV HD (MTV) 160 MUSIC
4927 CNN HD (CNN) 200 NEWS/INFO
4929 THE WEATHER CHANNEL HD (TWC) 214 GENERAL ENT
4930 ESPN HD (ESPN) 140 SPORTS
4931 ESPN2 HD (ESPN2) 144 SPORTS
4932 THE LEARNING CHANNEL HD (TLC)183 EDU/LEARNING
4939 CNBC HD (CNBC) 107 GENERAL ENT
4941 E! ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISION HD (E! HD)114 HD
4963 THE TRAVEL CHANNEL HD (TRV) 215 GENERAL ENT

HD200 PR/VI (in addition to HD120)
4900 ANIMAL PLANET HD (ANIML) 184 EDUCATION
4914 FX HD (FX) 136 DRAMA
4934 WGN AMERICA HD (WGN) 239 MOVIES
4937 BBC AMERICA HD (BBCA) 135 DRAMA
4938 BLACK ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISIONHD(BET) 124 GENERAL ENT
4944 GOLF CHANNEL, THE HD (GOLF) 401 SPORTS
4956 MSNBC HD (MSNBC HD) 209 NEWS/INFO
4957 NBA TV HD (NBATV) N/A SPORTS
4958 NFL NETWORK HD (NFL) N/A SPORTS
4961 SPEED CHANNEL, THE HD (SPEED)150 SPORTS
5519 OWN HD (OWN) 189 GENERAL ENT

HD250 PR/VI (in addition to both HD120/HD200)
4912 BRAVO HD (BRAVO) 129 HEALTH AND BEAUTY
4919 HD THEATER (HDTHR) 364 MOVIES
4920 HDNET (HDNET) 362 DRAMA
4925 HDNET MOVIES (HDNMV) 383 MOVIES
4943 FOX SOCCER CHANNEL HD (FSC) 149 SPORTS
4959 NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL HD (NTGEO) 186 EDU/LEARNING
4960 PALLADIA HD (PLDIA) N/A MUSIC
4961 SPEED CHANNEL, THE HD (SPEED) 150 SPORTS
4962 TENNIS CHANNEL HD (TENHD) 400 SPORTS
It lists sat channel, station, mapdown channel, and type of programming. I tried to be as complete as possible.

There are other two HD packages. The ones for Dish Latino Dos PR customers and Dish Latino Max PR customers. Still there is no reason why couldn't dish include the missing HD from 119/110 PR HD packages on 61.5 to make the HD packages complete for PR.

Thanks Tony....for clear reply & looking for creating a PR based channel lineup card which was previously there but taken away when Dish site was done new.

Yes...addition of more HD channels are very badly needed. What also missing is that for PPV sports packages like the NBA LP...all the games we get are in SD also...Will be great also if Dish can get some of those games working in HD (well...since this season is almost over...hopefully next season if it happens will have some in HD).

BTW......we can receive some local channels in HD here...eg ABC is coming in HD (although havent checked that OTA for some time now). Do you know if Dish is planning to get that in HD soon (the signal is already 16x9 SD ie widescreen but in SD). I think since Dish is receiveing the signal in HD...& converting it in SD...they can also send the HD signal anyway.

If you add a 61.5 satellite to your setup you could get the few HD NBA-LP (about 50% of games) that Dish broadcast on their NBA LP package for this current season. I could help you with this if you want me to. Just PM me. ABC-HD is available over the air to select portions of the island as I type this.

I did provide a long winded explanation didn't I?:eek: Sorry.

I even have them, still, available in my guide, but when I select them, a message appears that "it is not available in my area" (not too different as blackout sport events).

This is entirely different, and if I could get PM'd some account numbers from anyone who is getting the "out of area" message, I will see what I can do. This message is typically a related to blackout, not unlike sports blackouts, to a certain zip and it may be something that unintentionally happened during some change, but I can research exactly what the deal is. Also, if you can provide the channel names and numbers, and what satellite/transponder they come from (along with signal strength), that would help me get to a resolution. I can honestly say I have not heard of that message appearing on any other channel then I described, until now. Thanks for clarifying that there is an actual error message other then a "no signal" type thing. Also, let me know if you happen to see Attention 013 on any of those channels as well, which is more what I was thinking would be present (usually an authorization issue due to a missing orbital/transponder combination or lack of signal from the same).

As far as the full array of channels, I still believe there is somewhat of a limitation regarding transponders that carry the channels and the footprint that they make (which goes back to my original posts) based on angles and sat positioning, along with bandwidth limitations due to MPEG2 compression. Research lends that, depending of course on what is being sent, somewhere between 6 and 12 channels can be provided per transponder in that form of compression. Therefore, to give a full array of 250 channels (assuming that there are no other packages with different channels) there would need to be a minimum of 22 transponders (rounding up) designated to PR/VI in order to support just the AT250. Add in channels not found in the AT250, such as some DISH Latino and international channels, as well as premium channels like HBO and Starz, and the requirement grows larger still. Now combine that with the location of the satellite and angles available to reach the same location, and you start running into the limitations I posted about earlier. The previous information I provided, based on everything I had researched up to that point, suggests the problem that I was eluding to. No contradictory information had been found at the time of those posts. The conversion to MPEG4 compression (and the associated switch on gear, etc) should help the situation considerably by freeing up bandwidth. I will, however, continue to search for both supporting and dissenting information and may stumble across something, or someone, that can help us get to a more satisfactory answer. As always it takes time, but I would be glad to investigate further and see if I can provide more information on the issue.

As far as any thoughts about a contract issue, I find that doubtful. If a customer pays for a channel set, especially premium channels, I believe that whether or not they have signal or support, some portion (not sure what percentage) of the "charge" for the channels goes to the programmers. HBO subscribers, whether or not they can receive the channels due to signal or any other limitation, still increase the payment due when we cut the check to HBO. I cannot imagine that HBO would "discount" anything because a few (if not all) of the channels cannot be sent to a particular area. Someone subscribed to the package, we collect money on that package, HBO expects to be paid 100% of whats due to them. Just my thoughts, and as always I can be wrong.

Last edited:
I did provide a long winded explanation didn't I?:eek: Sorry.

This is entirely different, and if I could get PM'd some account numbers from anyone who is getting the "out of area" message, I will see what I can do. This message is typically a related to blackout, not unlike sports blackouts, to a certain zip and it may be something that unintentionally happened during some change, but I can research exactly what the deal is. Also, if you can provide the channel names and numbers, and what satellite/transponder they come from (along with signal strength), that would help me get to a resolution. I can honestly say I have not heard of that message appearing on any other channel then I described, until now. Thanks for clarifying that there is an actual error message other then a "no signal" type thing. Also, let me know if you happen to see Attention 013 on any of those channels as well, which is more what I was thinking would be present (usually an authorization issue due to a missing orbital/transponder combination or lack of signal from the same).

As far as the full array of channels, I still believe there is somewhat of a limitation regarding transponders that carry the channels and the footprint that they make (which goes back to my original posts) based on angles and sat positioning, along with bandwidth limitations due to MPEG2 compression. Research lends that, depending of course on what is being sent, somewhere between 6 and 12 channels can be provided per transponder in that form of compression. Therefore, to give a full array of 250 channels (assuming that there are no other packages with different channels) there would need to be a minimum of 22 transponders (rounding up) designated to PR/VI in order to support just the AT250. Add in channels not found in the AT250, such as some DISH Latino and international channels, and the requirement grows larger. Now combine that with the location of the satellite and angles available to reach the same location, and you start running into the limitations I posted about earlier. The previous information I provided, based on everything I had researched up to that point, suggests the problem that I was eluding to. No contradictory information had been found at the time of those posts. The conversion to MPEG4 compression (and the associated switch on gear, etc) should help the situation considerably by freeing up bandwidth. I will, however, continue to search for both supporting and dissenting information and may stumble across something, or someone, that can help us get to a more satisfactory answer. As always it takes time, but I would be glad to investigate further and see if I can provide more information on the issue.

As far as any thoughts about a contract issue, I find that doubtful. If a customer pays for a channel set, especially premium channels, I believe that whether or not they have signal or support, some portion (not sure what percentage) of the "charge" for the channels goes to the programmers. HBO subscribers, whether or not they can receive the channels due to signal or any other limitation, still increase the payment due when we cut the check to HBO. I cannot imagine that HBO would "discount" anything because a few (if not all) of the channels cannot be sent to a particular area. Someone subscribed to the package, we collect money on that package, HBO expects to be paid 100% of whats due to them. Just my thoughts, and as always I can be wrong.

these channels:

327 The Movie Channel HD (East)
340 Encore HD (East)
351 Starz HD (West)
352 Starz Edge HD

on your HBO analogy, that is exactly our point. we pay 100% like every other customer but you only deliver us 80%. So we expect 100% delivery of service.

Want to free up space dump all the SD feeds, that have an HD feed and remember we get most of our channels already off the 119/110 so we are not looking for 250 channels to be added

Hi Tony and thanks for your efforts
Here are some preliminary details (not home, can't get account):

Ch. 327 (9481) TMC-E (Sat 110, trsp 19, Signal strength of 70 [and that measure is with sky completely cloudy and raining; usually (in previous checks, clear sky) signal strength in this transponder is 86])-
Attention 743: This program is not available for viewing in your area. Select "OK" to go back, or select "Help" for more information.

Ch. 340 (9505) ENCORE-E (Sat 110, trsp 19, Signal strength of 70 [and that measure is with sky completely cloudy and raining; usually (in previous checks, clear sky) signal strength in this transponder is 86])-
Attention 743: This program is not available for viewing in your area. Select "OK" to go back, or select "Help" for more information.

The following HD channels I don't have in my guide, but are on the same transponder, same signal strength (there should be no signal or reception problems for us):
152 CBS C
351 STARZ W
352 SEDGE

As a matter of fact, we do get HD channels from that same transponder (ex. CI). No problems at all.

Tony, if you can get this taken care of, and help us receive our "lost" channels back, you would make a whole bunch of people VERY happy. (Plus it would be great for prospective customers, knowing that they get more HD from Dish) :)
Thanks

Want to free up space dump all the SD feeds, that have an HD feed and remember we get most of our channels already off the 119/110 so we are not looking for 250 channels to be added

MPEG4 would be the only transition that would benefit PR/VI customers as far as more channels within the same bandwidth limitation, and that requires the current subscriber base in the area to have MPEG4 capable receivers. This could be at cost to the customer, of course, and that would be counterproductive to the purpose of the thread in general. In regards to an immediate benefit for PR/VI customers, this would not really be feasible for numerous reasons. Simply removing SD feeds when the channel is available in HD (without MPEG4 conversion) would mean two things: anyone without an HD-capable receiver would not get the HD channels and they would not be provided SD anymore, furthering the annoyance of not having all the channels that are paid for. It would also be limiting the bandwidth as HD requires more information, not less, then SD (especially when considering the audio improvements that go with the video improvements) under the current MPEG2 compression. Also consider this transition would not just affect PR/VI customers, but any CONUS customer that receives the same channels. This would oust some of the already "peeved" customers by going the wrong way to deal with the issue.

Believe me, I understand the purpose behind your argument. A switch to increase more channels in the same bandwidth like that takes time and preparation, in order to make it as painless as possible to all the customers who do not currently have capable equipment. My assumption, based on the requirements for new subscribers (MPEG4 as I mentioned before) is that prep work has already been started.

--Edit-- To ljdonato, already tracking this down and seeing what I can do to get this back for you.

Is there signal there?

I'm not home now, but we always have a strong signal coming from tp19. I hope you are right that its just an error, I do think that Dish took them away on purpose.

Tony like other have mentioned before, we appreciate your disposition to solve our problems. This is the first time someone from Dish really listen our claims. Thank you.

Check signal on Sat 110, trans 19. Just checked the list here on Satguys, and cross-checked with the master engineering list. Shows the same thing.
Hi Tony
I don't quite get your request. What shows the same thing? (The List for DISH sats seem to be down right now. I can access everything for other providers and FTA but not for Dish sats)
Anyway, I'm not home now, but I have always kept an Excel spreadsheet in my laptop and phone, with my signal strength on various conditions (cloudy, clear, raining, storm), sats (just before a new one gets functional, and after) and antennas (different sizes). For 110 tp 19, I usually have a signal strength of 86-88. Yesterday morning, I checked and annotated (because it was really cloudy, cold, and raining here) and it was, as stated in my previous post, 70. And I am positive that I am receiving programming from that transponder (CI, I checked last night)
Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts