Dish customer looking into Direct, with questions

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I’ve been with Dish for over 15 years and I’ve stayed with them mainly because I love their equipment. I record a lot of tv and the hopper has been awesome for that. But Dish seems to have a lot of disputes with carriers and it’s starting to get old. We lost HBO months ago and I had to end up subscribing to HBONOW (cost me $5 more a month than I was paying with Dish). I’ve temporarily lost locals for a short periods of time but I have an antenna so I had a work around. Now I’m hearing they could be losing FX if something isn’t worked out?? So for the first time in over 15 years I’m looking into other options. My biggest question about Direct is their equipment. How many channels can I record at the same time (while watching live tv at the same time)? Does Direct have these same carriage issues as Dish has? I wouldn’t mind being one of those guys that could cut the cord and use online services. But I live through my DVR and I’m not sure I would want to lose that. There are times during the peak tv season that I may record 5 or 6 shows at the same time. Yeah I know that’s way too much and I could actually get stuff done around the house if I turn off the tv. But that’s not going to happen.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

The good news is, after you’ve been with DTV, you’ll be eligible for a new customer discount when you come back to Dish.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

I have had DirecTV 20 years and love it

I have genie 2 setup I think you can record 7 total HD streams and .. 2 total 4K streams

I could be wrong ...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’ve been with Dish for over 15 years and I’ve stayed with them mainly because I love their equipment. I record a lot of tv and the hopper has been awesome for that. But Dish seems to have a lot of disputes with carriers and it’s starting to get old. We lost HBO months ago and I had to end up subscribing to HBONOW (cost me $5 more a month than I was paying with Dish). I’ve temporarily lost locals for a short periods of time but I have an antenna so I had a work around. Now I’m hearing they could be losing FX if something isn’t worked out?? So for the first time in over 15 years I’m looking into other options. My biggest question about Direct is their equipment. How many channels can I record at the same time (while watching live tv at the same time)? Does Direct have these same carriage issues as Dish has? I wouldn’t mind being one of those guys that could cut the cord and use online services. But I live through my DVR and I’m not sure I would want to lose that. There are times during the peak tv season that I may record 5 or 6 shows at the same time. Yeah I know that’s way too much and I could actually get stuff done around the house if I turn off the tv. But that’s not going to happen.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

genie 2 has 7 tuners. so recording and live tv = 7
hr54 has 5 tuners, you can use dvrs with it, each dvr has 2 tuners

directv is having alot of disputes this year also. everyone is, its a record year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts