Dish customer service claims there is not wireless Joey 4

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
Just tired to add a wireless Joey 4 to my account and was told there was no such thing.
Does anyone have a part number or something that I can give those people to get this added?
Plus they want me to pay $120 up front, even though I have been a customer over 20 years
Any suggestions?

Just tired to add a wireless Joey 4 to my account and was told there was no such thing.
Does anyone have a part number or something that I can give those people to get this added?
Plus they want me to pay $120 up front, even though I have been a customer over 20 years
Any suggestions?
I did
this time I tried technical support & got the same result
This one said I had to pay $50 for 4k programming. Is that true?
I also have the original wireless joey that I would like to upgrade, but don't know what to ask for now

I also have the original wireless joey that I would like to upgrade, but don't know what to ask for now
A No, to the $50 4k. You want the wireless Joey 4, but unless you have Hopper Plus, you might have trouble getting one and their is another drawback which I cannot recall at the moment. They usually charge $50 for Wireless Joey.

I did
this time I tried technical support & got the same result
The only way to get the Wireless Joey 4 is to add the Hopper+ - which does come with a $50 upgrade fee in some cases. YMMV based on the CSR you get

keep hanging up till you get what you want!!! sometimes you need to play russian roulette and get some csr torture. to get what you want. when we wanted better pricing after calling in 8 times and hearing no discounts. i just told em to disconnect right then and there. i let em stew for 3 days before the win back dept called me back asking why i cancelled. i just said the cost is insanity for what i get. we got $80.00 off the top package for 2 years along with a $ 200 prepaid gift card. no contract since were using the same boxes.

I kept calling and finally spoke to someone that seemed to understand what I wanted and agreed that there was a wireless joey 4.
I then got the upgrade talk for the H3, but they still only allow 1 H3 per account. Don't understand why that is when I already have 2 HWS.
Regardless, I rejected that upgrade and I am supposed to have a technician arrive Saturday morning with the wireless Joey 4 for installation.
If/when I get a call from the installer, I will indeed make sure that he has the wireless joey 4. So, I guess I just cross my fingers until Saturday
and see what happens.

I kept calling and finally spoke to someone that seemed to understand what I wanted and agreed that there was a wireless joey 4.
I then got the upgrade talk for the H3, but they still only allow 1 H3 per account. Don't understand why that is when I already have 2 HWS.
Regardless, I rejected that upgrade and I am supposed to have a technician arrive Saturday morning with the wireless Joey 4 for installation.
If/when I get a call from the installer, I will indeed make sure that he has the wireless joey 4. So, I guess I just cross my fingers until Saturday
and see what happens.
what's the contract term for the joey 4?

Reactions: charlesrshell
and see what happens.
They allow 2 Hopper 3's but you must purchase the 2nd Hopper 3 and most do it from a retailer like solidsignal.com, et all

My saga just gets worse. The tech arrived on time and brings the same wireless joey I have have for years. I tell him it is supposed to be a wireless koey 4. At first he says there is no such thing and then backs up when I mention the hopper plus. He then states it will not operate without hopper plus. Tired of arguing I tell him just install it. It works OK, but now I am really ticked after reading on the forum someone bought a joey 4 and got it activated with no problem. Is there anyone I can talk with and make this circus wheel right?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I purchased a Joey 4 without the Hopper Plus and had it activated without any problems. The box has a different phone number to activate Joey 4's.

Did you have to download the Joey 4 files under the technician tools prior to activation?
I was under the impression that the Joey 4 had to download the Android files.
Also did you purchase the Joey 4 from solidsignal for $132.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but now I am really ticked after reading on the forum someone bought a joey 4 and got it activated with no problem.
Is there anyone I can talk with and make this circus wheel right?
The person that got a Joey4 activated without a Plus had to purchase and install the Joey independently, the only thing Dish did from their perspective was activate a customer owned receiver (which I would imagine even low level CSRs are capable of). There is most likely nobody at Dish that you can call or talk with that will agree or be able to provide you with a Joey4 receiver without adding a Plus as well. You will either need to abide by Dish’s rules or purchase the box so you are not locked into said rules.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts