Dish customer service claims there is not wireless Joey 4

My saga just gets worse. The tech arrived on time and brings the same wireless joey I have have for years. I tell him it is supposed to be a wireless koey 4. At first he says there is no such thing and then backs up when I mention the hopper plus. He then states it will not operate without hopper plus. Tired of arguing I tell him just install it. It works OK, but now I am really ticked after reading on the forum someone bought a joey 4 and got it activated with no problem. Is there anyone I can talk with and make this circus wheel right?
I told you, in the beginning, the only way Dish is going to give you a Joey 4 or Wireless Joey 4 is with the Hopper Plus - which, btw is NOT required for a Joey 4 series to work

I told you, in the beginning, the only way Dish is going to give you a Joey 4 or Wireless Joey 4 is with the Hopper Plus - which, btw is NOT required for a Joey 4 series to work
You were correct, but why? Are they made of gold? What is really sad is no one even knowing their product line. Even the tech that came denied it at first, and then after he did finally acknowledge it, said it would not operate with out the hopper plus.

Reactions: charlesrshell
You were correct, but why? Are they made of gold? What is really sad is no one even knowing their product line. Even the tech that came denied it at first, and then after he did finally acknowledge it, said it would not operate with out the hopper plus.
Because sadly most techs are poorly trained. They train them to sell product first and install dish as a side job now.

The whole hopper plus required is because they want to try to make it where all the tvs are using the same interface. Why they won't just do it for customers that want it I don't know. They said they would after a few months after launch and then never followed through. Easiest way would probably just get the plus too then just don't use the plus. But me personally would prefer to have it on all my tvs.

seems like they would want to take care of the customers that have stuck with them instead of dropping them like some many have.
if they don't have the inventory, that would be one thing, but if they have it and it is just sitting in a warehouse, then I would think they would
want to reduce that inventory. I don't imagine that new installs are that much in demand, especially for the hopper plus.
Yes, this guy wanted to talk about the sound bar, but I told him when he started his pitch that I wasn't interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts