dish customer service + scifi hd talk

The hddvr has slip or skip. You can set it to do either.
I would PM you but maybe other "Soon to be Defectors" could use the info too.

What do you mean by "set it to do either"?
Does it not have a designated button for each jump on the remote?
Thanks in advance for dropping some D* knowledge on me. :cool:

I have the same alternate source that I used frequently while WB in my area was still SD.
That said I will be VERY interested to see how my fellow E* subs like the HD DVRs at D*. I will be stopping in a local retailer to check it out myself. Lack of a 30sec skip and skip back button would be a deal breaker, but I can live with software growing pains like I have for years with E*.

As noted, the D* HR20/21 can do either a 30 sec skip or slip. To help you see how the boxes compare to E* STB's, and hopefully clear the air on what they do, you might want to check out DBSTalk.Com - View Single Post - Comparing the HR10-250, HR20-100/700, HR21-700 and ViP622/722 . You might also want to check out HD DVR FAQ (High Definition PLUS Digital Video Recorder) - DBSTalk.Com for a FAQ section and Undocumented HD DVR PLUS Tips & Tricks - DBSTalk.Com for some undocumented tips and trips.

Sorry, not trying to hijack a thread but want to give poster sources of information so they have accurate info vs. just what they've heard info.

I have the same alternate source that I used frequently while WB in my area was still SD.
That said I will be VERY interested to see how my fellow E* subs like the HD DVRs at D*. I will be stopping in a local retailer to check it out myself. Lack of a 30sec skip and skip back button would be a deal breaker, but I can live with software growing pains like I have for years with E*.
There has been a hack available for a long time to make the 30 skip function work on D*. Sounds like the new dvrs finally officially give that option.

I don't agree.
We will take what we can get; but waiting to the 11th hour to make it live, won't win E* any favor either. We all have our timers set and some won't be in the position to change it (thanks to NO internet timer functionality).
All D* subs will be watching it in HD and it's TOO EARLY for E* subs to complain; I don't think so.
Point is moot, as it won't be lit up today anyway (I have an INSIDE source).

My guess is that it must be a negation thing due to I would think they would already have it on along with other channels.

Yep, Charlie reached a new low with that stunt.:(

Now that is a good word to describe what he did! And here we are, the clock is ticking and no choice but to watch the premiere in SD.

And lest we forget, no HD also means no 5.1 surround sound.

sigmtr

Anyone truely surprised that this (or any other HD channel) wasn't made available today simply hasnt been paying attention the E*s actions the past six months. They don't give a crap what HD channels we want, and are obviously in no hurry to add anything nationally. All Scott's contacts' "inside info" is feeling more and more like E* dangling the ole carrot out in front of our collective noses just to keep folks from churning over to D*. (No offense intended to Scott...I just wonder how trustworthy the contacts really are lately.)

(No offense intended to Scott...I just wonder how trustworthy the contacts really are lately.)

If anything Scott should be angry that they are using him as a PR puppet where Dish can say "We never said anything like that".

Surely Dish network will have SciFi HD trrned on for subscribers by Wednesday the 9th of April. Then we can watch the repeat of this weeks episode and the new episode both next Friday in HD!!!!

Oh wait that was the DREAM I had last night.

I hate to say it but I really did dream this last night. BSG was just about to start and I thought I'd check the all HD favorites listing one last time and I was shocked to see SciFi HD listed. I was rather disappointed when I woke up this morning only to find out it was a nightmare and not the pleasant dream I thought it was.

If anything Scott should be angry that they are using him as a PR puppet where Dish can say "We never said anything like that".
???
PR puppet?
That would mean that Scott really does have an INSIDE source. It is safe to say that since Scott has NEVER been right that there is NO INSIDE source. It could be speculated that there is NO source at all.

???
PR puppet?
That would mean that Scott really does have an INSIDE source. It is safe to say that since Scott has NEVER been right that there is NO INSIDE source. It could be speculated that there is NO source at all.
Man all you have done recently is bash scott and the forum in general. If you are so unhappy with the quality of information available here, why not go elsewhere and give it a rest?

Man all you have done recently is bash scott and the forum in general. If you are so unhappy with the quality of information available here, why not go elsewhere and give it a rest?

It is pretty bad to be consistently reporting inaccurate information. Maybe it's time to rethink the strategy there. I wouldn't want that job. No credibility at all.

???
PR puppet?

I can't believe you are trashing Scott for info he is getting. . . . . . I mean if you don't like it I am sure there are other forums out there that you can get info from. . . I personally feel since I signed up here I am more in sync with what is going on and I get the best information here on Satelliteguys.us!!!!!!

???
PR puppet?

Scott said on the last pocast that there would be a lot of happy Dish subs. Everyone here turned that upside down and ran with it, thinking it was national hd. No national hd was mentioned by Scott on the podcast. The happy people were and still are the LiL being lit up.

Scott did say national hd coming in April. I believe him.

By the way. If there is no national hd in April, look at Dish changing it's plans, not Scott making something up or having bad contacts.

Scott said on the last pocast that there would be a lot of happy Dish subs. Everyone here turned that upside down and ran with it, thinking it was national hd. No national hd was mentioned by Scott on the podcast. The happy people were and still are the LiL being lit up.

Scott did say national hd coming in April. I believe him.

By the way. If there is no national hd in April, look at Dish changing it's plans, not Scott making something up or having bad contacts.

Well thats convientient isn't it...
I say something is going to happen , but if it doesn't happen don't blame me. Especially since I have a history of saying things that do not happen.

lol..sorry but that is so completely illogical there is no way you wil get people to believe it...
If you say somethign is GOING to happen and then it doesn't, you lose credibility.. simple fact...you can't then turn around and try to CYOA and blame someone else...thats called passing the buck...and doesn't float with most people

Well thats convientient isn't it...
I say something is going to happen , but if it doesn't happen don't blame me. Especially since I have a history of saying things that do not happen.

lol..sorry but that is so completely illogical there is no way you wil get people to believe it...
If you say somethign is GOING to happen and then it doesn't, you lose credibility.. simple fact...you can't then turn around and try to CYOA and blame someone else...thats called passing the buck...and doesn't float with most people

You obviously have not delt with Dish much have you??:D

You obviously have not delt with Dish much have you??:D

Sure..I only subbed to them over dtv because they TOLD me Sci-fi was coming in the next month (5 months ago)

but that goes to show what I mean.. if you don't trust what YOU are told, but still go out on a limb and say it WILL happen.. you can't expect to then blame someone else when it doesn't....Thats all i am saying...

I am sorry if you have misinterpreted my posts. I haven't meant to bash Scott as the site is a good resource for Sat enthusiast.
I have meant to bash posters like yourself that hang on his every word as it were coming from a burning bush.
If Scott really had information he would give the information instead of cryptic language like "there will be a lot of happy Dish subs". That is just common sense.
My prophetic powers tell me yours won't be the last "suck up" post today.