Dish customer thinking of switching due to NY going to spot can I move?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tomdkat

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 3, 2005
I am a current Dish Network customer who has a billing address is California and a service address in NY. With Dish pulling the plug on the NY CONUS HD feed I am looking to switch. Would it be possible to have an install out here in California and then "move" back to New York? Are the New York SD/HD feeds on a conus or a spot?

cforrest

Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Long Island
SD is CONUS in the 380s channel range. The HD is CONUS in MPEG-2 in the 80s. I would assume once D11 is turned on the HD will be CONUS in better MPEG-4 format, would happen this summer perhaps.

tomdkat

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 3, 2005
So I would be able to install here, move in a few months and I wouldn't have add or move a dish?

cforrest

Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Long Island
Correct, once you get the 5-LNB you should be fine. The only NY locals you won't get in HD are channel 9 (My Network) & 11 (WB), those will most likely always remain spotbeamed.

tomdkat

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 3, 2005
Is it pretty easy to move with Direct? Can I call like I did with dish and say I moved and everything is set up and just change my account? Or are they going to give me a hard time?

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
I am a current Dish Network customer who has a billing address is California and a service address in NY. With Dish pulling the plug on the NY CONUS HD feed I am looking to switch. Would it be possible to have an install out here in California and then "move" back to New York? Are the New York SD/HD feeds on a conus or a spot?

There's always 129 with CONUS HD markets, Atlanta, Chicago, etc. just to name a few.

tomdkat

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 3, 2005
Well with all the un honest back door legislation that prevents us from out of market locals I call it a push... And I did have a waiver that was taken away by legislation

tomdkat

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 3, 2005
Correct, once you get the 5-LNB you should be fine. The only NY locals you won't get in HD are channel 9 (My Network) & 11 (WB), those will most likely always remain spotbeamed.

will I still get those in SD?

Cincyray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 20, 2005
Reading Pa
Unfair Legislation thats a excuse for cheating to get those channels for free. Some people may think Bank robberies are an unfair legislation but it is still illeagle.

frank62704

Nov 25, 2007
I "moved" to Chicago to get the Chitown locals and still pay $95 per month for D. So get off off of your soapbox those who say be "honest." Those who "move" still pay.

Status
Please reply by conversation.