Dish customer thinking of switching due to NY going to spot can I move?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tomdkat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
I am a current Dish Network customer who has a billing address is California and a service address in NY. With Dish pulling the plug on the NY CONUS HD feed I am looking to switch. Would it be possible to have an install out here in California and then "move" back to New York? Are the New York SD/HD feeds on a conus or a spot?

SD is CONUS in the 380s channel range. The HD is CONUS in MPEG-2 in the 80s. I would assume once D11 is turned on the HD will be CONUS in better MPEG-4 format, would happen this summer perhaps.

So I would be able to install here, move in a few months and I wouldn't have add or move a dish?

Correct, once you get the 5-LNB you should be fine. The only NY locals you won't get in HD are channel 9 (My Network) & 11 (WB), those will most likely always remain spotbeamed.

Is it pretty easy to move with Direct? Can I call like I did with dish and say I moved and everything is set up and just change my account? Or are they going to give me a hard time?

I am a current Dish Network customer who has a billing address is California and a service address in NY. With Dish pulling the plug on the NY CONUS HD feed I am looking to switch. Would it be possible to have an install out here in California and then "move" back to New York? Are the New York SD/HD feeds on a conus or a spot?

There's always 129 with CONUS HD markets, Atlanta, Chicago, etc. just to name a few.

Well with all the un honest back door legislation that prevents us from out of market locals I call it a push... And I did have a waiver that was taken away by legislation

Correct, once you get the 5-LNB you should be fine. The only NY locals you won't get in HD are channel 9 (My Network) & 11 (WB), those will most likely always remain spotbeamed.

will I still get those in SD?

Unfair Legislation thats a excuse for cheating to get those channels for free. Some people may think Bank robberies are an unfair legislation but it is still illeagle.

I "moved" to Chicago to get the Chitown locals and still pay $95 per month for D. So get off off of your soapbox those who say be "honest." Those who "move" still pay.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)