Dish Customer thinking of switching..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sonic

Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
Hello, today i gave my dish company a call and telling them how i was unhappy with my service with dish. Namely, not getting NFL Network and comparable programming to Direct Tv.

I was wondering what i need to know about switching. I've been reading some of these post and it seems that Direct Tv makes you buy the equipment?? Do you guys have any good companies i could purchase from in order to get my best deal. Do i really need to buy a HD receiver, or do they give you one. I read the other post from earlier about what reciever to purchase, Hughes HT something. I have a Samsung DLP Tv, would the samsumg HD receiver be better?

Also is there anything else different from Dish, that i should know?

Thanks in advance.

sonic - I have never used them, but the blinking site at the top of the page on the right has been highly recommended quite often here. You might want to give them a call.

You need look no further than the top of this page! VERY well respected DirecTV retailer who look after and VALUE their installers!

I switched this week and got 2 D* Tivos-- previously had service with E*, and had 2 508's. The Tivos just blow away the 508 in so many ways I cant list them all here. :) I was a BIG supporter of E* for years, but finally faced the fact that there is much better programming and equipment out there.

I love it. Call valueelectronics- they are the only place I could find that would install with 2 DVR-80's... Total cost ($99 X 2) - $50 rebate - 10% for mentioning this forum. Equipment was up and running 6 days after my order was placed. Both DirecTV and BB/Circuit City could only offer me 2 DVR-40's for the $199X2, but no 10% discount.

Give em a call.

Thinking of Switching from E* to D*

I would also recommend Value Electronics. I bought an HD Tivo from them in the first wave of orders and couldn't be more pleased with the price, shipping or the Tivo unit.

I've also dealt with Expert Satellite and they are a great company as well.

Welcome to the world of PVRs that actually work right out of the box. You'll be glad you switched.

sonic said:
Hello, today i gave my dish company a call and telling them how i was unhappy with my service with dish. Namely, not getting NFL Network and comparable programming to Direct Tv.

I was wondering what i need to know about switching. I've been reading some of these post and it seems that Direct Tv makes you buy the equipment?? Do you guys have any good companies i could purchase from in order to get my best deal. Do i really need to buy a HD receiver, or do they give you one. I read the other post from earlier about what reciever to purchase, Hughes HT something. I have a Samsung DLP Tv, would the samsumg HD receiver be better?

Also is there anything else different from Dish, that i should know?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts