DISH device software/firmware updates

i2amsam

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2021
NJ
Is there a sticky post or white paper here somewhere that categorizes updates to DISH devices in terms of type, and how and when those are delivered? We seem to get some kind of updates on a regular basis, usually late at night. We had thought that these were the only updates available, but I'm seeing posts here that suggest that there are major software updates for Hoppers and Joeys that are only downloaded and installed on user demand. Is that correct? If so, I'm like to find instructions on how to identify and download those updates, as well as what precautions to take to be able to remove one should it prove to have undesirable effects. Thanks!

Is there a sticky post or white paper here somewhere that categorizes updates to DISH devices in terms of type, and how and when those are delivered? We seem to get some kind of updates on a regular basis, usually late at night. We had thought that these were the only updates available, but I'm seeing posts here that suggest that there are major software updates for Hoppers and Joeys that are only downloaded and installed on user demand. Is that correct? If so, I'm like to find instructions on how to identify and download those updates, as well as what precautions to take to be able to remove one should it prove to have undesirable effects. Thanks!
If you look at the top of the Dish page where it has the Sticky threads, you will see the latest versions of the software. You can always check if your receiver has the latest version by clicking MENU 3 times/ then go down to TOOLS/ then over to UPGRADE SOFTWARE/ then UPGRADE NOW. If you have the latest version it will say so. If not, it will start downloading. If it stars downloading DONT TOUCH THE REMOTE for at least 45 mins. If you do so it will cancell the process. it is best to do so when you are leaving the house or going to sleep as to not interrupt it. Also you cant go back on any versions. If you upgrade that is it , unless DISH decides to roll back a version.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If you look at the top of the Dish page where it has the Sticky threads, you will see the latest versions of the software.
Well, that is what that thread was intended to do. However, the thread title never got updated. Also, there have been two newer such threads, and neither one ever got made sticky. Here is the newest (non-sticky) one:

Reactions: dennispap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)