Dish, Direct Tv or Cable?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kirkdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
So where do all the VOOMER's go now? I have no experience with Dish or Direct TV.....I did have Charter cable before. I do know their first 100 channels are analog, not even digital and they now offer some HD channels, but it's like 4 or 5 + some local channel HD broadcasting.

So if I stayed with a sat. company for at least digital channels, which is best?
Direct Tv or Dish? I need info on their picture quality and HD programming?

I am a voomer and I went with Directv. Directv's picture quality is better than Dish's and they have 1 more HD channel then Dish. Also Directv seems to be more commited to providing more HD content in the future. They are launching 4 new satellites over the next couple years. The first one is due for launch at the end of this month and will go online early this summer.

Ask a question like this, and you'll get as many different opinions as replies. But be wary when people say: "Company X's picture quality is better than Company Y." I've used both. They're the same.

Personally, I had bad experience with DirecTV's customer support, so I switched to Dish. But I'm sure you can find someone who tells you the opposite.

The best advice is to do research based on features and price, pick one, and make your own decision about whether you made the right choice. If not, both DirecTV and Dish will be more than happy to help you switch again. ;)

I have VOOM and I am having DirecTV installed Friday because they seem to be adding more HD channels later in the year when their new birds start online.

I would say, the best multi-channel provider is DIRECTV. Respectfully, far more Dish customers move to DIRECTV than the other way.

SatelliteGuys forum members get special exclusive deals to switch to DIRECTV.

-Robert

I thought about VOOM but am glad I went with DirecTV with VOOM's current status:

Reasons I chose DirecTV over Dish:

1.) I could get distant networks (FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS) in HD out of New York. There is NO HD in my area at all right now, so this was the biggest factor. A lot of my programming is on these stations.

2.) I heard over and over that DirecTV's equipment (in this case HD Tivo) was much more reliable than Dish's. Not bashing Dish, but that's what's out there.

3.) As mentioned by others, DirecTV seems primed to add more HD content in the future. I haven't seen Dish doing this as much, but perhaps they will.

That said, two things I wish DirecTV had that Dish currently has are the superptation packages (WB and UPN, but I mostly want the WB...though Dish only has these in SD right now) and TNT-HD. Ideally, I'd love to see the WB offered in HD, as I watch quite a bit on there. (Right now, I have it via analog cable, which is as good as it gets around here.)

Good luck with your decision.

Thanks. I was about to ask this question myself here. I have been a Voomer since Nov 2004 and am considering either DirecTV or Dish. Voom was the first and only satellite provider I ever had and it was a great experience. I had no TV before then, and hence no experience with DirecTV or Dish. I'll look up DirecTV offer for the members of this forum.

Sazkin

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)