DISH, DirecTV to merge?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I’m sick of cord cutters.

So as most of you know we sell Comcast. Atleast once every week I get a customer call me up acting like a smart a$$ wanting to cancel service because they are switching to streaming.

I tell them to hold while I run their address to see what other internet providers are in the area....

Customer: I want to cancel all my service with you. I hate your company.

Me:sorry to hear that, may I ask why before I transfer you to customer service.

Customer: I got a fire stick, I don’t need y’all anymore. Your prices are too high.

Me: you do realize you need our internet to make your fire stick work.

Customer: I can get internet through AT&T

Me: I just looked it up, AT&T offers 1.5 meg in your area. Fire stick won’t work.

Customer: you people lie

Me: I’ll transfer you to retention, but remember your fire stick won’t work without your internet, and the price for only internet will be higher because your breaking your bundle .

Customer: whatever

Me: have a nice day :)

Reactions: joewhite57
I hear ya if you aren't a big DVR fan. No way I will go to all streaming.
Thing is, I am a big DVR fan and I know you can stream the shows you want, but if it wasn't for the DVR, heck, I can't remember when every show's new season is starting, right? I forgot all about Bearing Sea Gold, and boom, there it is on my DVR last week.

Someone should teach a class on how to successfully cut the chord, while getting over your anxiety about it with tutorials on how to find the things you want to have

or I should probably check YouTube!
Hire these dudes
Video Large-cca.jpg

Thing is, I am a big DVR fan and I know you can stream the shows you want, but if it wasn't for the DVR, heck, I can't remember when every show's new season is starting, right? I forgot all about Bearing Sea Gold, and boom, there it is on my DVR last week.
Yep, DVRs have gotten me spoiled. We do some streaming too. What a PITA. All these streaming services are going to get expensive some day. I am staying put with my Hopper system till the end.

If I had one single service that would provide all the channels I want I might consider it, but I haven't found one yet. Plus that service would have to be priced right to make losing my local DVR capability, not a service which does allow you to 'DVR' programs but then you're forced to watch the commercials. Lastly it would have to pass the wife test, can't be too hard to navigate/use.

I suspect that cutting the cord is a lot like cutting the cheese. At first, it really stinks, takes some getting used to. But, after a few deep breaths, you don't really notice it so much and just go on doing your thing.

Depends on how adept you are at seaching for content...lots of free stuff out there...the younger crowd has a different value system than the cable tv/ satellite pay tv crowd...meaning they are not tied to the current "channel" concept...they search for content
I suspect that cutting the cord is a lot like cutting the cheese. At first, it really stinks, takes some getting used to. But, after a few deep breaths, you don't really notice it so much and just go on doing your thing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: HipKat
I must say that there is enough to entertain us on Amazon Prime and free YouTube. We’d just lose programs we like watching. But I expect the free stuff will dwindle or get even more commercials.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

Reactions: DWS44
I have Youtube TV provided through my employer. In the past 6 months, I've only used it once- to watch a game on TBS yesterday.

I don't miss linear TV at all.

Anything I need is on my blu-ray NAS, on Roku, on FTA, or OTA.

My out of pocket TV spend? $0 (unless you count my annual sub to MLB.tv)

Customer: I want to cancel all my service with you. I hate your company.

Me:sorry to hear that, may I ask why before I transfer you to customer service.

Customer: I got a fire stick, I don’t need y’all anymore. Your prices are too high.

Me: you do realize you need our internet to make your fire stick work.

Customer: I can get internet through AT&T

Me: I just looked it up, AT&T offers 1.5 meg in your area. Fire stick won’t work.

Customer: you people lie

Do they hate your company or Comcast? If the latter, I could understand somewhat. Maybe they think they can use AT&T Wireless for their Internet? If so, they might be in for a big surprise once they hit the "unlimited" cap.

Do they hate your company or Comcast? If the latter, I could understand somewhat. Maybe they think they can use AT&T Wireless for their Internet? If so, they might be in for a big surprise once they hit the "unlimited" cap.
My AT&T unlimited data hotspot plan has no cap that I've found so far. I average 150-200 GB per month with no throttling for just $23.49 including fees.

Reactions: TheKrell
My AT&T unlimited data hotspot plan has no cap that I've found so far. I average 150-200 GB per month with no throttling for just $23.49 including fees.

My brother's roommate got one of those before they ended up going with the WISP, and it really slowed down once they hit 22GB.

I'm actually surprised by the number of people who don't get that reference. I thought it was ingrained into our cultural lingo by now by that everyone just knew it.

I'm actually surprised by the number of people who don't get that reference. I thought it was ingrained into our cultural lingo by now by that everyone just knew it.

My brother's roommate got one of those before they ended up going with the WISP, and it really slowed down once they hit 22GB.

My DSL promotional pricing is expiring on October 16th. It's going to jump from $80.52 to $111.52 and they don't offer any existing customer promotions. I love the reliability and speed of the plan, but that pricing is a lot to bite off. I'd be willing to try almost anything else to help reduce the cost. I briefly tried the Verizon unlimited hotspot, but it is subject to 24/7 congestion throttle and never worked well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts