dish disabled 2 reciever

Status
Please reply by conversation.

larryt7676

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2009
canada
hi i just got back from holidays and noticed dish has disabled my 322 receiver (does not show in my online profile either as a active receiver) but left my main 722 active
anyone know why they would do this
sorry reason i ask here first before calling is that i "moved" about 4 months ago
could that be a reason

Last edited:
You list your location as Canada. This could be the reason if it is plugged into a phone line. But why not the other? You must of setup a US account. Check with the person that is being billed.

it is billed in my name to my aunts address and i have never plugged either into a phone line ever

no i signed up for paperless billing and autopay
plus my aunt knows just to keep anything from them
i wonder if the dish nazis tried calling her?

yup was the audit team
gotta fax a copy of a utility bill to them with my billing address on it and name
think im fubared since it is my aunts address not mine

why do the utlities have to be in your name?

If you live with your aunt (wink, wink) the utilites could be in her name and the Dish is in your name.

i see what your saying but they want something with my name on it at that address
and man they are pr*cks the audit team

does anyone know what will happen if i dont send in the copy of a bill
will they just keep the 322 disabled and leave me and my 722 alone or will they shut that one down too

Wonder why they picked on you? I thought they generally left people with two receivers alone.

What if you rent and utilities are included? That is a legitimate reason to not have the utility bill and sub name match.

They must have called and left messages before they disabled the 322.

Expect to lose all programming and have both receivers become trash if you can't comply with demands. When audit team kills receivers nobody else can use them. Remember 2 dual tuner receivers are the equivalent of 4 single tuner receivers.

so could i just fax the phone bill with my aunts name on it and put a note on it saying i have no utilities(except tv bill) in my name but here is one with my roommates name and my address
would that be better than doing nothing at all

so could i just fax the phone bill with my aunts name on it and put a note on it saying i have no utilities(except tv bill) in my name but here is one with my roommates name and my address

Well, the FIRST thing to do, would be to stop posting in this forum, everything you are going to do when you contact Dish. They read this forum, and you are giving them all the clues they need, to figure out who you are, and permanently disconnect you!

They can't legally/knowingly sell their service to a Canadian. You've identified yourself as one, and even told everybody you are account stacking with your aunt. Better hope they don't identify her, as they will ALSO disconnect her receivers! Account stacking is against their rules. Providing service to you is against Canadian law (and Dish's rules) etc.

My suggestion: Keep quiet, and just send them a bill, and pray!!!

Worth a try, but don't fax it from a Canadian number. Do you log into your account from a Canadian IP? Something tipped them off. And they will call first, so I guess your Aunt ignored their calls.

primestar31, he never said he was stacking. Both receivers are in Canada as I read it.

I for one don't feel bad for you! You tried to skirt the laws that don't allow Dish to sell in Canada and you lost. Too bad!

Perhaps get a temporary VOIP account, or even a permanent one with something cheap like magic jack to look like you are coming from the US.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts