Dish dispute with Media General looming.....has it been 3 years already?

I did too. I was wrong. A Sharp, IIRC. Replaced the Insignia that came with the RV.

We hook it up to a DTV DVRPal, which gets PSIP.

We are pleased to inform you that we reached a deal with DISH and there will be no disruption to your local programming.

We appreciate your patience and support throughout these negotiations.

This fair resolution ensures that we can continue to provide top quality news, sports, entertainment, and other local programming that is most important to you.

My local CBS...

Reactions: bluegras
If that's the Sony I'm thinking of, it won't work anymore. TVGOS gone. No way to set clock either.

Yeah, it is a Sony DHG-HDD500 that no longer gets guide data and has no easy way to set the time. It still worked the last time I used it before unplugging it. If I need it, I can plug it back in, turn it on before Prime time starts, and tune it to the channel I want. I could then watch something on the Hopper for an hour, go back to the Sony, rewind to the beginning, then use the fast forward function to skip thru programs and commercials I don't want to watch. It can buffer 1.5 hours. Somebody even figured out a work around so they can still use the timer function, but that is more work than I'd want to do.

I am glad to read that an agreement was reached, so I don't need the Sony.

Yes, I have that spreadsheet. But I'm inclined to cry and toss. It was such a good device. How stupid not to allow a manual time setting option.

I think I still have Forest Gump on it, unseen, and maybe some other stuff.

Reactions: RobMeyer1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)