Dish dispute with Media General looming.....has it been 3 years already?

It would be nice if you would not regularly try to inject your political agenda in the hopes of starting another flame war.
1, How is that a political agenda?
2, CBS tops broadcast with overall viewers and viewers aged 50+ with very few fractional shows.
3, On the flip side if you took away The Voice and SNF NBC would be 3rd possibly boarding on 4th in the network chain with quite a few fractional or near fractional shows.

Therefore with WNCN now CBS as opposed to NBC, more Dish viewers in the area will be making a fuss as opposed to when it was NBC especially with it being NFL offseason.

1, How is that a political agenda?
2, CBS tops broadcast with overall viewers and viewers aged 50+ with very few fractional shows.
3, On the flip side if you took away The Voice and SNF NBC would be 3rd possibly boarding on 4th in the network chain with quite a few fractional or near fractional shows.

Therefore with WNCN now CBS as opposed to NBC, more Dish viewers in the area will be making a fuss as opposed to when it was NBC especially with it being NFL offseason.

Your snide remark about 'old white people' has little to do with ratings and more to do with trolling.

Your snide remark about 'old white people' has little to do with ratings and more to do with trolling.
Old people watch CBS, it's mostly white people, thus old white people.

Not to mention it's the Raleigh/central NC market which means outside of the usual white dominated NC, you're in a highly industrialized/middle to high class/suburbs area of the state.

Not to mention it's the Raleigh/central NC market which means outside of the usual white dominated NC, you're in a highly industrialized/middle to high class/suburbs area of the state.

Save it. It ain't selling around here.

You are one SORRY, politically/socially screwed up human being! Mods, delete if need be. But it needs to be said if only for a moment!

It's just going to get worse, Nexstar is acquiring Media General, which will make them control a total of about 171 stations. That is if the FCC allows the merger to occur.
Hope it is blocked Nexstar is getting WAY to big. There is a freaking crawl on KXAN Austin too. I hate it but may have to go to my 2nd market OTA for NBC affliate.

Somebody posted on KXANs FB page, and they responded yesterday that they are a small local and are only asking for a little more, and fans should support their local through the debate. They refused to acknowledge the Media General side of things...

Media General owns both the CBS and Fox stations in my market. These 2 stations were previous owned by LIN Media and merged into Media General in 2014. The last dispute with LIN in 2013 did not go well and we lost both channels for about a week.
Consider yourself lucky that Media General didn't buy those stations in 2013, because then you would have lost them for more than a month.

I chatted with Dish last night while asking for a free OTA USB (I already lost my ABC and now I expect to lose my CBS.) That didn't work (half off at least) but the rep said that they will not be losing the MG stations anytime soon.

Since we can get our CBS Media General station OTA, there will be no loss for us either way. As for others that this can affect, try writing to the FCC and your representatives and ask for an end to this stupidity. Better yet, contact the station's advertisers and ask why your local station should get money from both them and you, the viewer. This should not be the case with "free" OTA TV.

Reactions: TheKrell and Tampa8
I chatted with Dish last night while asking for a free OTA USB (I already lost my ABC and now I expect to lose my CBS.) That didn't work (half off at least) but the rep said that they will not be losing the MG stations anytime soon.

You lost your ABC to a dispute? Then call again for a different CSR getting an OTA Usb should be possible.

...the rep said that they will not be losing the MG stations anytime soon.
No update at dishpromise.com yet, other than Dish adding this line since the last time I checked:

"Media General is demanding that DISH pay 10% higher fees than our competitors."

So, I wouldn't be inclined to believe the rep that rdale chatted with.

I choose not to believe any self serving rep ever. I heard they changed the CSAT scoring, but I will always remember the old way and what I've heard people do to save their bonus.

No update at dishpromise.com yet, other than Dish adding this line since the last time I checked:

"Media General is demanding that DISH pay 10% higher fees than our competitors."

So, I wouldn't be inclined to believe the rep that rdale chatted with.
How does Dish know what other providers are paying? I thought that stuff would be kept secret. Or does Dish willingly release what they pay?

Reactions: Mr Tony and Tampa8
That's a good question. Maybe for Cable channels that is true but not for OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)