DISH dropping ch 9500 weather.

gredneck said:
in the 721 and 921
if you go to menu > interactive tv
you can get to the weather without waiting
for dish home or seeing the ads.
I'm sure they'll correct that little oversite in the upcoming software drop ;)

ke4est said:
After Reading your post Juan, I did some research, dish home(100) vs 9500 same cities.....so where did you come up with that??
look at new york state!!! rome is listed on dish home but not on 9500

ke4est said:
After Reading your post Juan, I did some research, dish home(100) vs 9500 same cities.....so where did you come up with that??

Pleasanton Nebraska (pop. 350) is listed on Dish home and not on 9500 (last I checked anyway) Maybe I'll try it again tonight. I never use it anyway though. For me, www.noaa.org is quicker and a better forcast. Or forcastfox extension in the firefox browser.

If I want to know what the weather's like I look out the window.

I have seriously been considering disassembling the remotes to remove the pesky button that is too close to the DVR controls, the only time we ever see Dish Home it is an accidental button press or when one of the dogs sits on the remote control.

Pepper said:
If I want to know what the weather's like I look out the window.

I have seriously been considering disassembling the remotes to remove the pesky button that is too close to the DVR controls, the only time we ever see Dish Home it is an accidental button press or when one of the dogs sits on the remote control.

Current weather, sure I look out the window. The weather changes fast in NE. I also really hate that large Dish Home button the 811 remote. It's too easy to accidently bump. I was thinking of using my dremel to grind it down, taking it apart might be easier. Feature request....option to disable Dish Home button.

If I have to wait for Dish Home to load just to get the 5-day weather forecast, I won't bother and 9500 gets deleted from my Favorites. I wonder which genius in E* marketing came up with this "feature"?

I stand corrected "Dish Home" does have more cities than 9500. Not many more but it does have a few more. Scott is right it is a newer app.
I assume 'cause they already knew a few months ago that they were going to get rid of 9500 :( oh well local weather is right more anyway

I didnt know that channel 100 (aka Dish Home) had a new app until about a week or so ago when someone on the message boards said that there were more cities on DH than 9500.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)