Dish dropping WTHR Indianapolis (Dispatch Broadcasting Group)

I am only reporting what I see. Not sure if this matters, I am seeing this on a 211K on the EASTERN arc. I do not have my locals from the HD Sat feed on 129. The locals I have are from 110. I use the OTA feeds for HD here at home.

I bet he is tuning to the SD versus HD channel off of the satellite. Both of the satellite feeds will be gone. I lost the satellite WBNS channel 10 in Columbus. Although the guide for channel 10 SD, channel 10 HD, and channel 10-01 (OTA) all show "Important News - Press Info" channel 10-01 is working properly.

The only problem is that any timers for channel 10 programs will not record because the guide info is gone. Where I live I can get both Colombus and Dayton stations via antennna. Thus I modified my timers to us channel 7-01 out of Dayton.

The issue seems to be resolved now. I am getting the OTA programming now on the yellow digital channel but the guide still says Important Info. No program info for the network OTA channel. Ice, thanks for pointing the issue out to Dish, I believe they fixed it after you brought it to their attention.

Hi Ice, when I tune to the OTA digital channel (yellow in the guide), I see the same loop with the gal from Dish explaining why I can not watch CH 13

Will you please send me a PM with your phone number or account number? Have you tried rescanning?

Is anyone else having this same issue?

Edit - DOH! Missed the second page saying it was working :eek:

Last edited:
I watched the Today Show this AM, and a little bit of women's soccer this afternoon. All was well OTA with my 722K. And there will be no program info as long as the blackout is on.

Last edited:
This is another reason that I will not upgrade to the Hopper without the OTA support. While they blacked out Columbus WBNS and are running propaganda ads right now I was still able to switch over to my OTA tuner on the 722 and watch a program.

Luckily, I just checked my timers and I don't have any important ones that record anything from 10TV WBNS (shows you how important the Dispatch Group is and CBS is!). But if there were, I would have been able to use manual timers to reset the recordings to the OTA channels by date/time. The lack of OTA and manual timers on the Hopper makes it red headed step child already.

Dish has to understand that even though their statistics show certain percentages, that there is no way that you can forecast or predict 'lost opportunity sales'. So, OTA is not a high priority as was mentioned in another thread, but what are the lost opportunity sales of people not renewing contracts or switching to Direct TV.

It is funny to go to WTHR's web site and read their stance on this. They should read their own comment section. They don't have much support from the people in Indianapolis. I really don't watch NBC myself, but I understand many do. The thing I don't get is there is A LOT of other channels out there to watch that people will move on to other shows and other channels that may not come back. I don't think I would gamble on loosing those viewers at any cost. Local networks have to stay competitive to stay alive or I am afraid they will lose in the end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts