DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Never got the email last weekend, but a post card today with a phone number to call. The front of the post card states, "There's more than one way to watch your FAVORITES". But they forgot to list DirecTV.

Luckily I've been waiting for most of the bugs in the Hopper to get resolved before making that move, because now I have other options to get my locals that I did not have a year ago. I'm not calling them for any freebies, I'm willing to buy the next season of Walking Dead on Xbox. Then next year when I'm out of contract, I'll decide what option is best for me.

If the new business model is to remove everyone's favorite shows, they should take out HBO next.

The only thing i watched on amc is the walking dead. Dish gave me a free roku and $155 (10 off 12 and one time 35) to compensate me. Im happy. I will buy/rent the episodes from amazon. Its no big deal to me. They more than made me whole

I just hope enough people take advantage of the free stuff and make it hurt for dish... maybe make dish think again about it, and realize they were wrong. I'm waiting on my roku, and then disconnecting, that way I'm still getting something for my disconnection fee.

I just hope enough people take advantage of the free stuff and make it hurt for dish... maybe make dish think again about it, and realize they were wrong. I'm waiting on my roku, and then disconnecting, that way I'm still getting something for my disconnection fee.

WOW, that will show them! By any chance you didn’t once work as an investment banker did you?

I agree with you that those in customer service should not be treated like garbage. That being said, it is very frustrating, calling pretty much any company for help, and getting a bunch of standard answers, then spending hours on the phone to work your way up the customer service ladder. I blame the companies for not training their employee's better.
It is unfortunate that the CS reps on the front lines take the brunt of angry customers complaints, but we as consumers are paying good money for our goods and services, and when we call, we should be able to get some answers in a couple of minutes on the phone, not hours of worthless babble.

I stated this before in another thread, but the problem with Customer Service over the phone is companies treat incoming calls on a "production" like basis. CSRs are not trained to handle a call till the customer understands or their problem has been completely solved. CSRs are trained to answer as many phone calls as possible. Like a factory worker on an assembly line. The more calls taken, the better the CSR. Doesn't matter that most customers end up calling back 2 or 3 times because their problem wasn't handle correct the first first call.

I was a CSR for 3 different companies, and it was always about turning over calls. Luckily, I stuck to my guns and took my time helping the customer anyway. I also had a couple of very good supervisors who realized I had a low call back % and a number of people asking to speak to the supervisor, complementing me on my handling of their problems. Each placed I work eventually promoted me to areas in customer service that had clients that needed to be handle with "velvet gloves," because their companies paid extra to get that kind of service for their employees.

So until more companies stop making CSRs worry about how many calls they're taking per hour, and have them start worrying about fully taking care of the customer's problem, it will always be the way it is.

Ghpr13:)
PS: I wasn't bragging on myself...I was just that good! A fact is a fact!:D

Tampa8 said:
John Lacky
85 million
"When he became a free agent in 2009, Lackey signed with the Boston Red Sox. In 2011, he had one of the worst seasons by a starting pitcher in Red Sox history and the team missed the playoffs by one game after leading in the Wild Card race by 9.5 games in September."

Carl Crawford
142 Million
Played part of one year, hurt ever since. Batting avg was his worst ever.

I could go on, but it hurts.

Please! Don't remind me.

OO my god,:rant: Dish doesn't have to offer anything. PROGRAM SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE!!!!
So I for one think its nice that they are. How about someone else telling use about another company that has gone to this experience to try and keep their customers happy.

IMO, it's not the deals they are offering as compensation, but in how Dish goes about "giving" the compensation to it's subs. As I posted in another post, (somewhere in this giant thread,) instead of Dish just saying, "Hey, every sub who lost the 4 channels we dropped this is the how we are going to compensate you subs...Then spell out what the subs will receive, and what the terms & conditions apply. Bang! It's right there for all subs to see. Exactly what Dish is going to do for us...Again, not saying they have to do anything, as you correctly stated.

Trouble is that Dish makes each sub call in and "negotiate" what compensation they can get. This leads to different subs getting different deals. And a lot of that depends on how good the sub is at negotiation or how many "rounds" they want to go. This, IMO, is the frustrating part and this is what leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Again, I agree, by contract Dish doesn't owe us anything, but if Dish is trying to show "good faith" for their actions, then just do it across the board. Don't take away stations, then make us jump though hoops to give us what you're "giving" us.

I now step down from the Soapbox...:D

TG2 said:

It's this sort if behavior that leads to this type of generosity to not come around anymore. You are not hurting dish by doing this, you are hurting the other innocent consumers. Just my opinion, but if you are not happy with as company and their offers just leave. For the record i don't see any other company going to the lengths dish is to make good on a programing change.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Anyone get the postcard in the mail today? It's basically the same content that was in the email the day AMC was dropped.

I got the post card. Never got an email. If it wasn't for SatelliteGuys I wouldn't have known to call in last week for the Roku and the $10/12 credit.:D

thechaz05 said:
i don't see any other company going to the lengths dish is to make good on a programing change.

A couple of days ago I was going to mention that. Directv's one big dispute was Versus. I don't believe there customers were compensated anything. Again to play devil's advocate, that is their one main dispute. I really don't count G4. But look at all the Cable Companies. Time Warner, Cablevision, etc. all had their disputes. Time Warner still doesn't have NFL Network? What I'm getting at is Dish is acknowledging the fact that their customers aren't happy and are trying to retain them with this action. Look at Dish's big disputes in the last 8 years. OLN went dark, because they refused to supply Dish the NHL game feed. The FOX dispute did hurt, as AMC currently is. Other than that, what else. My kids need to watch Shake It Up and Good Luck Charlie on SD? We had an additional Weather Channel for a weekend? TWC was never actually removed! We have seen local affiliates beening removed? Really? Remove FOX and AMC disputes, and there is very little to complain about on this front.

IMO, it's not the deals they are offering as compensation, but in how Dish goes about "giving" the compensation to it's subs. As I posted in another post, (somewhere in this giant thread,) instead of Dish just saying, "Hey, every sub who lost the 4 channels we dropped this is the how we are going to compensate you subs...Then spell out what the subs will receive, and what the terms & conditions apply. Bang! It's right there for all subs to see. Exactly what Dish is going to do for us...Again, not saying they have to do anything, as you correctly stated.

Trouble is that Dish makes each sub call in and "negotiate" what compensation they can get. This leads to different subs getting different deals. And a lot of that depends on how good the sub is at negotiation or how many "rounds" they want to go. This, IMO, is the frustrating part and this is what leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Again, I agree, by contract Dish doesn't owe us anything, but if Dish is trying to show "good faith" for their actions, then just do it across the board. Don't take away stations, then make us jump though hoops to give us what you're "giving" us.

I now step down from the Soapbox...:D

Good post. It's called Public Relations.

Look at Dish's big disputes in the last 8 years. OLN went dark, because they refused to supply Dish the NHL game feed. The FOX dispute did hurt, as AMC currently is. Other than that, what else. My kids need to watch Shake It Up and Good Luck Charlie on SD? We had an additional Weather Channel for a weekend? TWC was never actually removed! We have seen local affiliates beening removed? Really? Remove FOX and AMC disputes, and there is very little to complain about on this front.
They also turned off the viacom channels at one point, the lifetime networks went dark, tru tv, the msg and fuse networks, the disney hd channels.

I forgot Fuse. MSG is regional, I don't count that as a national issue. I am not affected by the NYC RSNs being gone. Viacom was before my time, as was Lifetime and OLN. Sorry for the ones I forgot. And I mentioned Disney HD, since SD is still available, it's that annoying mosquito at the pool party, we can do without it, but it won't ruin life as we know it.

MSG is not regional in the sense that RSN's are. With D* you can get it in the sports pack on a national basis. And I can remember when Dish had it on a national basis too, or at least I think that's true.

MSG is not regional in the sense that RSN's are. With D* you can get it in the sports pack on a national basis. And I can remember when Dish had it on a national basis too, or at least I think that's true.

Yes, but the highest cost associated with them is the pro teams, those games can not be seen nationally on the RSN.

lparsons21 said:

You got it in the sports pack with the rest of the RSNs that Dish has contracts with also. Still, not that important of a channel to subs outside the NYC and Buffalo DMAs.