DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

The PQ for SD on Dish is absolutely horrible. Not "arguably" horrible. Just horrible.

As for the rest of that guy's posts, I can't make much sense out of them either. But, he's right about SD PQ.

Do you get AAD, which is what he was talking about and I responded to?

The PQ for SD on Dish is absolutely horrible. Not "arguably" horrible. Just horrible.

As for the rest of that guy's posts, I can't make much sense out of them either. But, he's right about SD PQ.

Compared to d*'s sd, dishes is wonderful. Directv sd is nearly unwatchable.

Do you get AAD, which is what he was talking about and I responded to?
I see. I do not sub to AAD.

But, does Dish provide more bandwidth for AAD channels? Are they processed differently than other Dish SD channels? If not, then one would logically presume they have the same PQ as other Dish SD channels.

Compared to d*'s sd, dishes is wonderful. Directv sd is nearly unwatchable.
Dish SD isn't far behind.

I certainly enjoyed the upgrade myself. But looking back at it. This was a move for retention purposes. Dish didn't need BB to include "On Demand" to their service. But they did get it at a dirt cheap price and are leveraging the brand for their customers. Since Dish has incorporated BB into it's service, it certainly has retained customers at a higher rate than it did before the purchase. Remember retained customers are more profitable than new ones. As I mentioned a "side benefit".

Finally I agree with you, trying to retain customers by giving them more, what nerve, what chutzpa.. How dare they. :tsk:

i guess they decided to drop sundance after dish magazine was printed. i got my issue today and there is a story about a documentry of women in wheelchairs that starts june 4th on sundance but since dish has dropped it. we wont be able to see it. too bad. it sounded good based on the article i read. it was also a cover story as well.

Finally I agree with you, trying to retain customers by giving them more, what nerve, what chutzpa.. How dare they. :tsk:
You're sarcasm is disregarding my point. Dish found a way to retain more customers, and it happened to involve giving them something the competition doesn't have. Nothing wrong with that. After all retention's do help out the bottom line. But I'm sure if they could have a found a less expensive way to do it, they sure would have. Irregardless if it was better than BB@Home for it's customers or not.

You're sarcasm is disregarding my point. Dish found a way to retain more customers, and it happened to involve giving them something the competition doesn't have. Nothing wrong with that. After all retention's do help out the bottom line. But I'm sure if they could have a found a less expensive way to do it, they sure would have. Irregardless if it was better than BB@Home for it's customers or not.

Didn't miss your point, I just totally disagree.

dan188 said:
i guess they decided to drop sundance after dish magazine was printed. i got my issue today and there is a story about a documentry of women in wheelchairs that starts june 4th on sundance but since dish has dropped it. we wont be able to see it. too bad. it sounded good based on the article i read. it was also a cover story as well.

Wow! *smh*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)