Dish Drops Some Ad Claims

OK, once again, here is the sequence of events: the claims made by dish in the ads are true; then DirecTV changes some of those practices; then DirecTV notifies in writing that it has indeed changed those practices and now wants this to be communicated to dish so that dish can cease using those as that were true before DirecTV put into writing of those practics have ceased. Neither Disch nor DirecTV are "wrong" with either has done. DirecTV did not lodge a complaint of false advertising, they merely wanted to notify dish that they no longer practice some of the claims in dish advertising comparing it to DirecTV. No hard feelings by anyone; just a notification and dish has publicly stated they were going to cease using those commercials anyway and now that they have notification, they most certainly will. Finito, done nothing to see here folks. :)

I am amazed that DirecTV gets so mad about false advertising, yet they let those salespeople at Costco tell every lie they can to make a sell.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

I am amazed that DirecTV gets so mad about false advertising, yet they let those salespeople at Costco tell every lie they can to make a sell.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

They can basically say whatever they want to get the sale i held a contract with them for over 2 years. I live in a small market, not even top 100 and i got on average 25-30 new connects a week

If you listen very closely to most advertising, it is really not saying what you think it says.

A cell phone company says they can save you "up to" 1/2 off what you are now paying.

The average listener hears only the "half off" not the "up to" part.

Advertising is peppered with such qualifying phrases that negate most of the meaning of what is said, but the average listener never picks up on these qualifiers.

The happy cow commercials are a good example. Those cows are no happier, and the milk is the same milk you'd get elsewhere. But happy cows sell more California milk.

If you listen very closely to most advertising, it is really not saying what you think it says.

A cell phone company says they can save you "up to" 1/2 off what you are now paying.

The average listener hears only the "half off" not the "up to" part.

Advertising is peppered with such qualifying phrases that negate most of the meaning of what is said, but the average listener never picks up on these qualifiers.
I hate when ads say "up to (x amount) or more." That statement places absolutely no limit whatsoever on the number being claimed.