Dish Drops Some Ad Claims

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Dish is discontinuing two of three TV ad claims challenged by DirecTV, and actually says it was already planning to drop the ads anyway.
That is according to the National Advertising Division (NAD), the Better Business Bureau's self-regulatory body.
"[T]he advertiser represented to NAD in writing that it has permanently discontinued two of the three claims at issue in this challenge: the claim that DirecTV customers pay an average of over $100 per month (referred to by the parties as the “ARPU claim”) and the claim that DirecTV assesses a “Year One Price Increase” on its customers," said NAD.

http://www.multichannel.com/news/ad...925?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Wait! You mean that Dish and Directv's prices are comprable, based on program and equipment selected by the customer? You mean to tell me that Directv doesn't just charge a whole bunch more than Dish, and their customers aren't just sheep who are are mesmerized by the logo and name brand? WELL I'LL TELL YOU WHAT, that actually makes a whole lot of sense.

I'm not going to turn this into another comparison of prices... :)
So I'll talk about the other claim. At one time that claim was true by DISH, their mistake was still running them. Directv indeed for a time increased prices during the first year that is a fact. They now do not.

Well, the article makes clear that DirecTV put forth in writing that it had discontinued the two practices claimed in the dish advertising. So in fact it was true advertising by dish it's just that now that DirecTV has changed those practices dish needs to stop making those claims, and DirecTV had to submit in writing that it did indeed cease those practices. So this was a notification process and not a complaint process. Not a big deal

Reactions: Tampa8
It happens all the time..you can't be libelous but you can streeeeeetch the truth..and yes it is tolerated

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!
Stretching the truth, and Talking Fluff.
Is the difference between getting a Lawsuit, or someone just firing back with a better ad.

Dish is the King of Fluff when it comes to advertising against the competition.
My Favorite was the Top 120 pack against Choice pack.
"Same channels for Less".
Anyone with half a brain knew that was complete BS.

Stretching the truth, and Talking Fluff.
Is the difference between getting a Lawsuit, or someone just firing back with a better ad.

Dish is the King of Fluff when it comes to advertising against the competition.
My Favorite was the Top 120 pack against Choice pack.
"Same channels for Less".
Anyone with half a brain knew that was complete BS.
It's still advertising..did you ever watch the commercials for sst cars back in the day? Or BOB and his supplements?..it's all buyer be ware

It's still advertising..did you ever watch the commercials for sst cars back in the day? Or BOB and his supplements?..it's all buyer be ware

Difference is, Charlie would be the first in line with his lawyers if even a Fart from Directv was Directed at Dish.

I would say Directv and Comcast put up with a lot of crap out of Charlie.
Which tells me Chucks ads are ineffective.

You think Comcast and Directv couldn't throw some low blows at Dish as a company?
Plenty to work with there.
And they don't because the don't need too.

And Juan, I know you,
By no means are you a Dish fan-boy
You know darn well Dish ads aren't taking anything away from any competition.

Dish ads are disgusting.
Their biggest problem is their own advertising department .
Always has been.

Difference is, Charlie would be the first in line with his lawyers if even a Fart from Directv was Directed at Dish.

I would say Directv and Comcast put up with a lot of crap out of Charlie.
Which tells me Chucks ads are ineffective.

You think Comcast and Directv couldn't throw some low blows at Dish as a company?
Plenty to work with there.
And they don't because the don't need too.

And Juan, I know you,
By no means are you a Dish fan-boy
You know darn well Dish ads aren't taking anything away from any competition.

Dish ads are disgusting.
Their biggest problem is their own advertising department .
Always has been.
I really want to see the DIRECTV commercial where DIRECTV farts DISH's way. It would be powerful. :raspberry

Reactions: Juan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts