Dish DVR 510 Software Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

res0zvle

Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
texas
Dish DVR 510 Software Update Problem

Just bought a used Dish DVR 510 and the problem is that the software on it is too old and couldn't pick up satellite 110. Dish says that the receiver is now too old and cannot be updated. They teold me to throw it out. Is there any way to update the DVR's software. Thanks
Jim

Last edited:
The receiver should still work. Turn it off and leave in standby mode like boba said for a few hours and then turn it back on to check the software version. Press Menu twice to check what version you have. The receiver needs to be connected to 119.

I think your CSR needs to go pee in a bottle. I got a 508 many years ago and it has always seen 110. Do you have any other receivers in your setup? Sounds like a LNB/Switch issue.

Practically all sats spooling FW ( exclude 721/921 FW what reside on 119 W exclusively );
the issue could be with the 'home' tpn signal level.

Rule of thumb - the tpn number is 19, some of sat have different number for the home tpn - search here for full list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts