Dish DVR 625 and OTA channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

richard_brust

Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
El Dorado Hills, CA
I've hooked up an antenna to the Over the Air coax input on the back of this unit. This antenna *has* worked in the past before the digital conversion last year.

So, the issue is now that on the Dish unit I cannot get past the "Attention - Searching for Signal" screen unless I go to the Menu. In the menu there's no Local Channels or tuning area where it seems I could tune in the OTA channels.

How is this done with the Dish unit? Thanks...

The 625 does not have an ota tuner, it is a standard rf pass thru no tuner. The 625 will not tune or record off of ota just off dish and in sd only!!! You need a convertor box or ota dvr such as a tivo or dtvpal dvr!!!

If you are subscribing to DISH you need to upgrade to a 612/622 or 722 to get an ATSC tuner built into the DVR. I recently replaced my 625 with a 612 I bought off eBay for less than a $100. I can now tune and record HD & SD digital OTA channels no extra cost.