DISH DVR 625 Hard Drive click

No_Brains

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Princeton, WV
i have a question about the 625 receiver which i have been having problems with the receiver for the last couple days getting worse today.

here is what problem i have:

1) Receive clicks like a clock ticking (clicks for about 7-10times) then quits
2) 2nd tv freezes espicially after pausing.... (
3) reboots
4) freezes again (then do a front panel reset) then works
5) get message about the hard drive then message goes away so i cant get the error message from the right corner..

my software is l466 by the way

i call dish network they have me do front panel reset, then check switch, they have me tell them what the signal strength is which is 65 so they tell me its because of the signal and they will have to send a tech out to the home

which i dont really see how that could be ..

so i though that i would come here for some help, since you guys seem to know a lot..

any help is appreicated on what yall think it could be

thanks in advance

i just called dish tech again and thye tell me that its the signal and want to send a tech out. the receiver just keeps clicking and more frequently now. they will not replace the receiver

Mine was clicking so I turned it off. The next day when I turned it on, it gave me an onscreen message telling me to unplug it or else there was a danger that the dvr functions would not work. I left it unplugged for about ten minutes and when I replugged it, it never came back on. When I push the reset button, the lights on the buttons will flash on for a second, then the receiver shuts down. I am about to call DISH but I am sure they'll have to replace it, don't you think? Would I be better off upgrading to a 722 now or just stick with the 622? Thanks in advance.

Appears hard drive failed, if you own the box just replace the hard drive, it must come from a approved list of drives. when I replaced mine it booted and formated automatically.

you have lost the recorded content on your existing drive

i have a vip 612 its my third receiver, i have been with dish only for about 6months was Directv for 14yrs but wanted HDTV and dish offer it free. now i wonder. my 612 clicks every 10 to 20 secs, even with the Hdtv off, and i can't use the HDMI cable because it makes cracking and popping noises, so now i am hooked with the compondent cables which is ok only thing i can't hook up my DVD play to record tv shows only can watch DVD's thur its HDMI cable which does not does not crack or pop so i know its not the Hdtv speakers. I am thinking about upgrading also to the 722 my friend has the 722 with no problems, but if it costs me as much as it would to go back to Directv then i will have to think about it. Will call later but i have been on dish about this for 2 months now. Even had a tech come out and hook up the new receiver 2 weeks ago while he was here no cracking or popping but the next day it started again, that is when i switched to the cables not the HDMI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)