Dish DVR and R5000 mod

theinv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
Have anyone here mod their dish DVR VIP622 with R-5000?

I am thinking of doing so but not sure how this works especially when external storage will come to 622 soon on 08/15. The R-5000 uses USB to archive files, right? If that's the case, will it have conflict with Dishnetwork's upcoming support for USB storage? I believe that there is only one USB port on the back of 622.

BTW, is it legal to mod a receiver?

I have the mod for a year now.

With the external drive enabled, I don't know how valuable it is since hard drives are fairly cheap compared to the cost of D-VHS tapes.

Have anyone here mod their dish DVR VIP622 with R-5000?

I am thinking of doing so but not sure how this works especially when external storage will come to 622 soon on 08/15. The R-5000 uses USB to archive files, right? If that's the case, will it have conflict with Dishnetwork's upcoming support for USB storage? I believe that there is only one USB port on the back of 622.

BTW, is it legal to mod a receiver?
Not if your leasing DISH owns the receiver.:mad:

I have the mod for a year now.

With the external drive enabled, I don't know how valuable it is since hard drives are fairly cheap compared to the cost of D-VHS tapes.

Are you saying that the R5000 mod only allow you to record video to D-VHS tape and not to hard drives?

R5000 allows you to feed the raw satellite signal directly to your PC where it is saved to the HD. It has nothing to do with D-VHS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)