DISH DVR for RVer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

muncle

Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
I travel and live in my RV. I have two TV's connected by coax to a junction box that is in turn, connected to the standard DISH tuner. I have a Winegard single LNB dish on the roof of the RV that will enable me to watch either the feeds from 110 or 119 depending on how I point it. I also have a StarBand dish for internet that has a "bird-on-a-wire" set up with two LNB's(maybe Legacy). When the StarBand signal is peaked, so are both 110 and 119 for DISH network. I run both LNB's through a SW-21 switch and a single coax cable goes to the DISH tuner.

I just purchased a DVR-625 Receiver that I want to use. It appears that the only thing I can do it run a double set of coax from the LNB's to the receiver. I would have liked to use the single coax with the DISH splitter but it doesn't seem like I can do that. Is there any work-around for that?

Also, sometimes I need to use the small Winegard dish on the roof. Can I still run the single LNB through the DVR with only one or the other satellite peaked?

Any other suggestions or hints for this RVer?

I thnk you are really facing a need to upgrade your dish/lnb. The dual tuner receivers require certain LNBs and maybe if you change out your lnbs to the Pro Plus you'll be able to somehow use the 625 if you are using both dishes.

Hopefully the technical experts will answer with how you can do that. I just know I talked to a lot of tech support with MotoSat cause I wanted to use my 722 or 622 in the RV. After many rounds of discussion, I finally decided that I would have to change out my automatic MotoSat system to their new HD dish set up. Of course you can't just "upgrade", I would have to put out lots of bucks for a complete new setup.

So, I still use my 508 DVR receiver and make do. If I were a full-timer I might think the investment worth it, but not for me at this time. I think the Dish 211 offers more possibilities for the RVer (single tuner) and they just came out with a software upgrade for it that enables you to attach an external HD to make it DVR functional. This would be a big winner for me IF I could interchange the ext HD with the 722 receiver. Not possible apparently.

You should be able to use both dishes connected to two legacy 21 switches, however you WILL need to have 2 lines from each LNB (one to each switch) and then a cable from each switch to both inputs of the 625. The only way to use only one cable is to use dish pro/dish pro plus technology. You would either need a dish pro plus twin with one cable to a separator on the back of the 625, or dish pro LNBs to a dish pro plus switch and then a single cable to the 625.

To answer your second question [I believe it to be] can you run your receiver connected only to one satellite? Yes, you still need a cable connected EACH tuner input on your 625. You should run check switch each time you make a change to your dish alignment. I'm sure you already know that with either the 119 or 110 only you will lose the programming that is broadcast from the satellite you are missing.

Solutions Found

Thanks for your suggestions and help.
I've purchased a new DISH 500 with the DPP Twin LNB's so I'll have the correct and easiest connections. I'll just have to find a suitable mount on the RV or a tripod stand and I'm all ready to go. Problems solved!:)

Heres the tripod I take tent camping... use tent stakes to keep stable and a magnetic level...on my old campers I found places to mount 2 x 6's to put a regular mount on...(I only go to the hills with my campers..)

Attachments

• Phase III.JPG
    Phase III.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 146
  • Tripod stakes.JPG
    Tripod stakes.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Tripod level.JPG
    Tripod level.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 118

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)