Dish/Echostar Earnings Conference call 8/10

Be prepaired for a lot of "Ahhh and Umms"

Wish I could hear it but I am in class all week (and the PC's here have no audio)

Any interest in this call? Should we open up the chat room?

Thanks for the link & info.

I think I'll listen to it, lunch hour at work. But I doubt it's got enough interest, especially at that time, to open the Chat. Let's see if others are interested in opening it.

Forgive me I opened another thread with the report. I did nots ee this one. I do not believe taht I can delete it but mods may if they wish to.

So what is this "anomoly" he's talking about?

Noted, no commercial insurance on in orbit satellites.

e-12, it's the rainbow 1 satellite, dunno what's wrong with. I actually stepped out so I dunno what's going on

Declined to talk about spectrum auction.

Vague interest in wireless broadband.

From the 10Q:

EchoStar XII
[FONT=&quot]EchoStar XII, which we purchased in orbit from a third party during 2005, currently operates at the 61.5 degree orbital location. The satellite was originally launched during July 2003. EchoStar XII was designed to operate 13 transponders at 270 watts per channel, in CONUS mode, or 22 spot beams using a combination of 135 and 65 watt TWTAs. We currently operate the satellite in CONUS mode. EchoStar XII has a total of 24 solar array circuits, approximately 22 of which are required to assure full power for the original minimum 12 year design life of the satellite. Prior to our purchase, two solar array circuits failed, one of which was subsequently restored to partial use. Between February and April 2006, two additional solar array circuits failed. The cause of the failures is being investigated. While the design life of the satellite has not been affected, in future years the power loss will cause a reduction in the number of transponders which can be operated. The exact extent of this impact has not yet been determined. There can be no assurance future anomalies will not cause further losses, which could further impact commercial operation of the satellite or its useful life. See discussion of evaluation of impairment in “ Long-Lived Satellite Assets ” below.[/FONT]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)