DISH Ending new MPEG 2 Receiver Activations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
W8 was garbage.
This is true. I had no problem upgrading to w10 just to get rid of any version of 8. I thought it was great for about a year but then I got the issue where the start button stopped working after an update. System restore point fixed it but then tcp/ip corrupted and I couldn't get it corrected. Had to reset w10 and it's been fine since. I'm not sure what to think about w10 now.

Problem with that is now you are forcing DVR on everyone, with an additional fee with no non DVR option.
That would sink dish fast.
Nothing wrong with the VIP solos or Wallys.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
For those with non-qualifying credit.

In my personal experience, the biggest complaint about Dish and why people dump Dish is sharing ViP DVR's or not enough tuners to prevent the madness of conflict and lack of whole home. Even the Hopper and HWS as a good whole home tech system still has inadequate number of tuners for a family. All people really want is to be able to record their programs and eleminate conflict. As good as the 6 tuner TiVo's are and how they may be adequate for many households, there are a lot of people who don't like the 6 tuner ceiling and get a SECOND 6 tuner TiVo. Dish's 16 tuners is sure to be enough for just about 99% of households out there today, and those large families. I really have heard very few complaints regarding Dish that were not about how the Dish DVR's just don't allow them to records what they want when they want. Yes, a non-DVR box and maybe one ViP DVR model for those who don't have qualifying credit. Best to have fewer box models to support. I'm sure Charlie would LOVE to eliminate all but 3 models, but he and Dish have legacy around their necks.

In my personal experience, the biggest complaint about Dish and why people dump Dish is sharing ViP DVR's or not enough tuners to prevent the madness of conflict and lack of whole home. Even the Hopper and HWS as a good whole home tech system still has inadequate number of tuners for a family. All people really want is to be able to record their programs and eleminate conflict. As good as the 6 tuner TiVo's are and how they may be adequate for many households, there are a lot of people who don't like the 6 tuner ceiling and get a SECOND 6 tuner TiVo. Dish's 16 tuners is sure to be enough for just about 99% of households out there today, and those large families. I really have heard very few complaints regarding Dish that were not about how the Dish DVR's just don't allow them to records what they want when they want. Yes, a non-DVR box and maybe one ViP DVR model for those who don't have qualifying credit. Best to have fewer box models to support. I'm sure Charlie would LOVE to eliminate all but 3 models, but he and Dish have legacy around their necks.
Huh?..check out new hoppet

I'd guess with the flat or declining pay tv market, they must have plenty of MPEG4 boxes being returned which can be recycled into the western arc.
I was going to be more optimistic and say "Due to the acceptance of the Hopper 3 and 4K Joey, they must have plenty of MPEG4 boxes being returned..."

Reactions: pattykay
Hopper 3 kind of makes this a non issue now? No?

Hopper 3 kind of makes this a non issue now? No?
If only the ota worked on the Hopper 3, then I would happily upgrade to it. I've been waiting since it came out 5 months ago to upgrade, but in my case it would mean upgrading to new joey 2 models , change out my 1000.4 sat dish for the eastern arc 1000.2 dish and the new switch instead of the node. Could be quite costly, but I have been saving a little each month to pay for it when it comes, if they ever fix the ota. I have to have my ota stations.

Yup it sucks to buy the ota tuner and find out it doesn't work right. I wish I knew back then...
From 19 years of being with DISH I can tell you that almost every new receiver has bugs and glitches and lacks full functionality for the first year or so. But eventually, they do get the bugs worked out and everything works right ,just in time for the release of the next new receiver release, and the cycle repeats. That is why I waited to upgrade. When I get the all clear on ota, I will upgrade and pay to do it. Because the hopper 3 sounds really good if every thing is working properly with all functionality. It is what I wish they would of come out back in 2012 . I always thought 3 or even 5 tuners weren't enough for a family to use without conflicts. But I never envisioned 16 tuners. That is just genius.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If only the ota worked on the Hopper 3, then I would happily upgrade to it. I've been waiting since it came out 5 months ago to upgrade, but in my case it would mean upgrading to new joey 2 models , change out my 1000.4 sat dish for the eastern arc 1000.2 dish and the new switch instead of the node. Could be quite costly, but I have been saving a little each month to pay for it when it comes, if they ever fix the ota. I have to have my ota stations.
I have never tried to record from OTA using a timer, I'll have to try and see what results I get. The OTA actually "picks up" better on this than they did on any of my HWS units that I had. I use a Winegard FlatWave Air it is called, I only have it about 15 or 20 feet off the ground (maybe) and I get all the locals from Birmingham, about 65 miles away in hilly terrain. Anyway, with the HWS, I could never get Channel 13 (which actually broadcasts on channel 13) good, it is the only VHF high station I care about, and the picture would go "in and out" and "in and out" with the HWS with a signal strength of about 75%. With the same USB tuner dongle on the H3, I get it PERFECT, same 75% reading, but no "in and out" "in and out" jumping. Seems to work good on that front. Last I checked, the locals finally stay in your favourites lists, and they even have guide data for most of the OTA subchannels in my market now.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)