DISH Expands Amazon Alexa Voice Control Support

That is too fuzzy for me to read when I zoom in. Are the Echo and Dot controlling the opposite devices you want or are you saying that one device doesn't do anything on either receiver?
Both echo's are controlling the main hopper. Totally %$*^$*^ my wife off as I continue to troubleshoot :)

It was a temporary price several days ago. I'm sure there will be more sales on them as Black Friday approaches
Amazon wants to get these into as many homes as they can. So it will be "on sale" more often than not. Amazon has a commanding lead in the "personal assistant" category and they want to be the VHS of the format "wars".

Today they have a Dot combined with a Fire Stick for $69.98 and refurbed Dots for $34.99. At this point in the game, nobody should pay the full-boat retail of $49.99.

PS. My guess is that 98% of these "refurbs" are simply returns from confused people. I would have no hesitation about buying one. Especially with Amazon's easy return policy.

Hopper never turns off, goes into standby mode, else it could not fire timers while off.

You'll notice when it is "off", all you must do to wake it is press select.

Reactions: charlesrshell
PS. My guess is that 98% of these "refurbs" are simply returns from confused people. I would have no hesitation about buying one. Especially with Amazon's easy return policy.

As long as a refurb is from the original manufacturer or agent and carries a warranty there is no reason not to accept them.

Reactions: pattykay
About Amazon Alexa device trigger word:
For each Alexa-based device, you can choose one of four trigger words:
Alexa
Amazon
Computer
Echo

That's it, only 4 choices.

And the Dot's built-in speaker is fine for talking back to you; you only need to add speakers for playing music.

With prime we have all the music available we need and it plays just fine for us on the Dot. Now, if you have a discerning ear this is probably not the case for others.

When the Hopper is in standby mode, tell Alexa to tune to a channel and it will wake the Hopper up to go to that channel.
I'll be darned. It certainly wakes the Hopper up. It's too bad it doesn't also turn on the TV but my TV isn't capable of being linked to. Possibly one of the newer model TV's might eventually have this capability.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)