Dish Family - Classical Music

kevinbct

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
New England
I just signed up for Dish Family.

I love the fact that it includes Fox News and locals for $30, 3 TVs.

I saw there one kids music station included in this and Great American Country, I believe.

Are there any stations either listed or unlisted that stream classical music?? I love sleeping and taking naps to classical music.

If you have a satellite dish pointed at 61.5° or 148°, channel 9405 is Classic Arts Showcase is included in the FREE Public Interest Pack and may already be included in the family pack. This is a Commercial free mostly classical performances including Ballet and opera as well as some jazz (believe me it fits), and a few interesting videos. "Stairway to Lenin" is one of my favorites, set to Ravel's "Bolero".

Another option is to subscribe to the Muzak package for $4.99. This would give you all the music channels (audio only) from 950-982. However there are a couple of channels there which may have objectionable material which you may have to block.

Check out the dish channel chart for all the channels available on Dish

If you have a satellite dish pointed at 61.5° or 148°, channel 9405 is Classic Arts Showcase is included in the FREE Public Interest Pack and may already be included in the family pack. This is a Commercial free mostly classical performances including Ballet and opera as well as some jazz (believe me it fits), and a few interesting videos. "Stairway to Lenin" is one of my favorites, set to Ravel's "Bolero".

Another option is to subscribe to the Muzak package for $4.99. This would give you all the music channels (audio only) from 950-982. However there are a couple of channels there which may have objectionable material which you may have to block.

Check out the dish channel chart for all the channels available on Dish

tony,

i don't know if i'll be pointed at 61.5 or 148. I live in Connecticut.

that muzak sounds good for 4.99. i didn't read about that anywhere when signing up. should I call up on that after everything is installed?

Kevin

Kevin,

I am not 100% certain that the Muzak package is still available a la carte, but it was up until last year.

In Connecticut 61.5° is a possibility. 148° is not visible (below the horizon).

If you get Eastern Arc (Dish 1000.4--requires an MPEG4 (HD) receiver) you will get 61.5°. (77°, 72.7° and 61.5° on one dish)

If you did not get an MPEG4 receiver then you will most likely only be getting a Dish 500 (110° and 119° on one dish). You would have to have a second dish installed to see 61.5°

See ya
Tony

Call and ask but I believe you can still order them ala carte. You can also order Encore pack for 4.99 a month, and superstations-5 of them ( cw and mynetwork tv) for 5.99 a month and bloomberg for 1.50 etc. Call DISH and ask them what they have for ala carte. DIRECTV doesn't offer ala carte on most of their English programming, and old Charlie Ergen the ceo of DISH would like to offer all programming for ala carte ,but the programmers won't allow it. THey also have a Welcome pack for 9.99 /14.99 with locals, that includes about 20 channels. My Aunt has that pack with Locals and the Encore pack all for 19.98 a month. She works nights and doesn't really watch a lot, except Western movies and Young & the Restless soap opera. The Welcome pack is perfect for her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)