Dish Family Tier lineup?

I have been getting this question A LOT and Dish is being VERY tight lipped on this. The won't make the lineup known until February 1st.

Oh ok. I searched and did not see it posted anywhere so I thought I would ask.

Do they have to possibly renegotiate with some channels as they will not be in a tier they like?

SatinKzo said:
Oh ok. I searched and did not see it posted anywhere so I thought I would ask.
Do they have to possibly renegotiate with some channels as they will not be in a tier they like?

Yes they will.

But content providers will be a little more flexible than usual because they are desperate for the Family Tier to take off in lieu of increased pressure to go a la carte.

ke4est said:
It will be 24.99 with locals, 19.99 w/o.

OK…that’s lame

Put the locals WITH them for 20 bucks. Give us 15-20 channels + locals for $20. You’d make more people happy then selling it for $25.

I don't get the point in this, judging from what cable is doing, you get 15 channels for $25 a month, for just a few bucks more you can get basic cable or the top 60 package. But God forbid we have anything not "family friendly" on our television :rolleyes:

It's smoke & mirrors. They don't particularly want it to be too attractive, and at the same time, they want it to be profitable enough to offset those moving from basic cable (or extended basic if that's what they are calling it now).

It is unlikely to silence the a la carte critics in Washington, but they'll all fight tooth and nail to come up with anything to avoid that outcome.

I expect the length of required commitment will increase if the "free equipment" deals are valid for this package, currently at least AT60 required.

It probably won't be eligible at all for any promotions. The retailers are getting a large cut in their commission if this package is going to be sold upon activation or if the package is ordered within the backcharge period on top of the commission cut that has been imposed on the additional room installations. This package is probably geared for existing customers that already own their hardware. Dish Network probably makes as much off of this package as they do AT60.

Lets guess what this package will include and I wonder if it will include the shopping and public interest channels.

I guess that it may be all of the channels that SkyAngel has available for $15. Or maybe Dish Network wants to offer something different than that so that people would not choose to go to SkyAngel instead. If you want your family package SkyAngel might be a better choice for some at a better value. The advantage that Dish Network would have is if the channels are going to be on 110 or 119 then they can use the existing satellite dish that they have without having to change any hardware to pick them up.

Not a bad thing

Will you be able to add the HD channels with this package? If so this would be a great way if u were just interested in the HD.I know its HD light those of us with crappy cable companies. That only have a few digital stations and even fewer hd. this could be a good choice.

As soon as they add the Family Pack to the lineup I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped letting people subscribe to HBO or the HD pack or whatever and no SD programming for just the $5 activation fee.

I was thinking the same thing dlsnyder. This would be their excuse as to not allow no more programming without a basic package. I did see someone mention in a thread that it was told by Jim that we would always have the option of only ordering HD if we wanted it (or something similar to that) within the past few days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts