Dish-farm of a new member

Status
Please reply by conversation.

laseradam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2006
Goshen, OH
I thought I would show a picture of my dishfarm. The view from the back of the primestar dish is toward G10R with only about 2 deg of clearance above the trees.

Attachments

• g10view.JPG
    g10view.JPG
    319 KB · Views: 236
  • dishfarma.jpg
    dishfarma.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 1,355
Last edited:
Does that tree hide them, for the most part anyway, from a direct front view of the house?

I don't know why the a/c was done like that but I have seen it done on other houses around my area. One advantage is that grass does not grow up and block the cooling fins. I would guess it might be less expensive than a concrete slab.

That tree does block the view of the dishes from the road and the front yard, but we live on a dead end street and there is only one house past us. They are the only ones who can see the dishes and only as they drive past. My wife said I could put whatever I want on that side of the house.

I started out with the big dish to watch 3ABN when it was on C-band analog. Then we got the lifetime subscription to Sky Angel for the same reason. So that freed up the big dish for PBS on c-band analog. My son loves PBS. Well PBS switched there analog feed and the signal was terrible. So I noticed that the big dish could do KU. That led to swinging the big dish to AMC3 for PBS digital. It was around that time I found this forum. I started looking for a Primestar dish and found it for free less than a mile away. So that is how I ended up with it on G10R.

Oh, I have been installing the one meter dishes for friends to be able to watch 3ABN an have probably done 20 to 30 of them. That is how I ended up with the dish on AMC4. I needed to have one at home so when people called me up with problems I could tell if 3ABN had gone off the air with technical difficulties or the caller was having problems with their equipment.

I'm glad I had the AMC4 dish because of 3ABN having been kicked off of Sky Angel.

Last edited:
SatinKzo said:
I'm more intrigued by that AC unit setup. I have never seen it done like that.
They do that with most of the new houses up here. Guess it makes for a cleaner install and keeps the compressor unit up away from the weeds!

(Sorry for the thread hijack... carry on!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts