Dish Flexing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cavsolutions

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
St. Thomas, USVI
Hi, I was having some signal issues with a 1.2M Meter Azure shine dish. I decided to dismantle the hard ware and string test it from left to right lnbf arm mount holes and from bottom mount hole to the top. It passed the string test.... I flexed the dish as well. Flexing the antenna seems to have caused much more harm than good :eek: as the unit is now visibly warped. :eek:
Is there any hope for reclaiming the original shape? Do I just continue to flex it until hopefully it flexes back into shape... any thoughts?:eek:

i know the smaller dishes will pop back into shape from clam shelling but don't know about larger dishes....

Clam shelling

I tried this trick on my dish and it didn't help.

What I did was lay a narrow piece of wood on the floor to provide a fulcrum point where a noticable dimple was spotted. I then applied just enough force at the far edges of the dish to flex it back into shape.

It does take a bit of slow, careful, steady, patient effort, but it paid off.

The dish has a nice resonating ring to it now if you happen to be next to it while talking. Like a fine wine glass sings when you circle the lip with your finger. Strange, but true. Reception got a lot better after reinstalling the dish.

Good luck. It's worth a try to fix.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)