Dish for G10r

Status
Please reply by conversation.

twolf58

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Is a 105 Superdish large enough to pick up Galaxy 10r from Minnesota?

damn. Didnt know you were in Minnesota :) (I am too)

The SD is kinda on the small side but should work for G10. I've used an old DirecPC dish (32x20) and got G10 with decent results. NOt as good as the 30" but decent enough :)

Yea my home is in MN

damn. Didnt know you were in Minnesota :) (I am too)

The SD is kinda on the small side but should work for G10. I've used an old DirecPC dish (32x20) and got G10 with decent results. NOt as good as the 30" but decent enough :)

I would like to get something in the 36" to 39" range but that takes more$ and with the bundle I dropped on the box my toy fund is getting low. A BUD will get me what I really want (the outdoor channel) but the wife doesn't like that idea and I doubt the neighbors would either.

The G10r footprint suggests a 40something might pull in the C-band there and I have seen a c-band LNB advertised in the UK that mounts on a 1.2M offset dish but that setup exceeds the <1M FCC rule as well.

When I get home in a couple of weeks I will try to point that superdish at 123 and see if the 105 LNB can find anything.

Last edited:
do you think the neighbors would be that picky if you have a 1.2m dish? I live in a Home owners ass'n and have 2 6 foot dishes and a 42x40 dish (being on the board does help but I wasnt on the board when I got my 1st 6 footer) :)

A word about the Superdish LNB, it is stacked, which means that it sends both polarities down the same cable at the same time by taking the horizontal transponders and "stacking" them at a higher frequency above the verticals. It is best to use a blind scan receiver when dealing with a stacked LNB, so it can find where the horizontals are stacked.

If you don't use blind scan, you will have to subtract the horizontal transponder frequencies from 24600 to calculate the new TP frequency and enter it manually.

but if he is on G10 there are only 3 or 4 channels on H. Most everything is on Vertical so he would only have to do the math on a couple of transponders

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CW-800S vs Visionsat IV200

Favorite satellite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)