Dish/Fox Deal close to fruition?

damn, is no one in a funny mood today.

I'm battling a very crappy 50k upload speed that should be closer 20MB, I cant take anything serious at the moment. This is killing my sling viewing at the lake today

Why so slow?

Not sure, pissed at the moment. I had Cox out Friday for a low signal as I was only getting 2 channel upstream bonding and they were at 54dbmv. speed was ok but a little flaky. Tech changed connectors and ground block and then checked the pedestal for the block and said its transmit power was all screwed up and he was putting in a line order for repair/replacement. He said he changed things for my line and it brought my signal back into spec with 4 channel upstream bonding and all 4 channels were at 46dbmv after he left. I ran a speedtest and it showed 98M down and 15M up, so I thought it was good and went to lake. I'm only getting 400k on the slingbox out here now and I can log into my dad's slingbox at his house also on Cox 2 miles away from mine and I get 3800 - 4000k, so I know its my upload at home that is screwed up. Guess I'll call Cox again when I get home. I just noticed my database hasn't synced to Box from my house either, probably to big to sync at those speeds.

He He He he said COX
MV5BMTI3MTE5MjEyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODc4NzIzMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR6,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Not sure, pissed at the moment. I had Cox out Friday for a low signal as I was only getting 2 channel upstream bonding and they were at 54dbmv. speed was ok but a little flaky. Tech changed connectors and ground block and then checked the pedestal for the block and said its transmit power was all screwed up and he was putting in a line order for repair/replacement. He said he changed things for my line and it brought my signal back into spec with 4 channel upstream bonding and all 4 channels were at 46dbmv after he left. I ran a speedtest and it showed 98M down and 15M up, so I thought it was good and went to lake. I'm only getting 400k on the slingbox out here now and I can log into my dad's slingbox at his house also on Cox 2 miles away from mine and I get 3800 - 4000k, so I know its my upload at home that is screwed up. Guess I'll call Cox again when I get home. I just noticed my database hasn't synced to Box from my house either, probably to big to sync at those speeds.
On top of that we didnt even get Our Cardinals game in HD this afternoon....Grrr...

On top of that we didnt even get Our Cardinals game in HD this afternoon....Grrr...

well I'm done with baseball now that football started. I may watch some of the playoffs depending on the final participants. Same goes for Nascar. They both really need to shorten the season by a month. Now I was close to calling and canceling when I saw it said JIP for the HD feed of the OSU game yesterday, although it was the correct starting time.

well I'm done with baseball now that football started. I may watch some of the playoffs depending on the final participants. Same goes for Nascar. They both really need to shorten the season by a month. Now I was close to calling and canceling when I saw it said JIP for the HD feed of the OSU game yesterday, although it was the correct starting time.
LOL i remember last year if we were even lucky enough to get an HD alternative for OSU games. SOOOO many games going on at once on college football Saturday.

I have watched about 10 seconds of NFL this season and that is only because I was seated in the TV section of Chili's. MLB is much better than NFL anyday.

I got it in HD.

You have your opinion others will disagree, I would rather watch football than snooze through a game between teams that have already played 10 times this year.
You need to read our other thread to understand what we are talking about. The Cards games are supposed to go into NE Oklahoma on FSN Midwest as we are in the Cards area along with Rangers and Royals games, but when the games are on MLB or FS1 along with FSN they are blacked out too us and Dish is not unlocking the FSN Midwest HD feed on the DISH HD ALT channels for us, so we have been stuck with the SD broadcast of those games. I don't care what time of year it is, but I don't like watching baseball or any other sport in picture boxed blurry SD.

I have watched about 10 seconds of NFL this season and that is only because I was seated in the TV section of Chili's. MLB is much better than NFL anyday.

This is definitely your opinion. I think it's been well documented that the NFL and sport of football in general has taken over as our nation's favorite sport. This is not based on my opinion even though I share the same opinion.

You're just a huge fan because your Cardinals have been a perennial playoff team. Much easier to enjoy baseball all year when your team is always in the hunt. It's been a while for me being a Cubs fan. :oldfrown

NFL is quickly falling off the map in my eyes, especially with all the new rule changes designed to increase scoring and put the game in the hands of the officials even more.

Reactions: ChadT41 and osu1991

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts