Dish/Fox Deal close to fruition?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
NFL is quickly falling off the map in my eyes, especially with all the new rule changes designed to increase scoring and put the game in the hands of the officials even more.

I can't argue that one. The product the NFL is putting out there is getting harder to watch. The first half of the game last night was a mess. I'm a Bears fan and it was hard to continue watching into the second half. Luckily I did because it finally turned into a good showing by them. The first hour of that game had very little football and went a little like this; penalty, commercial, penalty, punt, commercial, penalty, penalty, injury, time out, commercial, penalty, punt...........:sleepy

I thought the number of men watching football was declining, but that loss was offset by a increase in female viewers. No?

My question is will FS2 move to being available on the Multi-sport pack or in a lower package based on the impending deal with Fox? It is stuck in 250 due to it's originally niche status as Fuel TV, I believe.

I could be very wrong, but probably not. I can see them making changes to FS1 and leaving FS2 in the higher package forcing you to sub higher, so they can get more per sub fees on other channels.

I am overall sending no changes to the way they are laid out. No evidence. Gut feeling. I don't watch either channel, so not sure what packages they are in, my previous comment was basically just saying that the only changes one should expect, would only be ones that make fox more money.

Dish's site doesn't list it in Multisport. Is this one of those Dish needs to update their site things?

True. I am leaning more towards channel owners like Disney. Who hold channels over the heads of providers to must carry or they will not get one of their 1000000 channels. Viacom too. Although, Viacom seems pretty reasonable in their efforts to keep stuff on the lower packages. My point with fox, though, and Disney, why not let there be an entire sports ala carte package. The multisports is a great start, but to get both, you need higher, without the need of Disney XD or the cooking channel. Just a thought. I know dish has some bearing on it, but the more power a network had, the more they hold it over people's heads. Btw, it's the same reason I'm 100% against the comcast/twc and ATT/dtv mergers. Comcast and twc both own channels. It's not fair to competitors to merge those together and have a super network. Even if offered at a lower price will price out other companies(sudden link prism etc) and put a hurt on the two big day companies. Things like that matter.

This is definitely your opinion. I think it's been well documented that the NFL and sport of football in general has taken over as our nation's favorite sport. This is not based on my opinion even though I share the same opinion.

You're just a huge fan because your Cardinals have been a perennial playoff team. Much easier to enjoy baseball all year when your team is always in the hunt. It's been a while for me being a Cubs fan. :oldfrown

Yep, I am a Reds fan....too painful to watch us swirl the drain. Time for football. Bengals are 2-0. Maybe this will be the century we win a playoff game. :)

I am an avid baseball fan but when the Reds are out of it I find football more engaging. Of course if the Bengals tank it will be time for Ohio State basketball. :)

BTW, I think your Cubbies are looking better.

I just can't stand to sit down and watch an NFL game anymore. I did not watch the playoffs last year (except for the Chiefs loss) and have yet to watch a game this year. I find that I have completely lost interest in it. It has been so overhyped by everyone that I can't stand it. I can't stand fantasy football and get sick and tired of hearing everyone talk about it at work.

I love college football, love high school football, but not the NFL at all. (Same thing for basketball. I love college basketball and high school basketball, but don't watch NBA unless Celtics are in the playoffs.)

And yes, baseball is more interesting when your favorite team is good. But conversely, I watch every single Iowa State football game. I can't use the same reasoning for that. (Except when they play Iowa.)

This is definitely your opinion. I think it's been well documented that the NFL and sport of football in general has taken over as our nation's favorite sport. This is not based on my opinion even though I share the same opinion.

You're just a huge fan because your Cardinals have been a perennial playoff team. Much easier to enjoy baseball all year when your team is always in the hunt. It's been a while for me being a Cubs fan. :oldfrown
Try being an Astros fan.

:offtopic is if we find ways to bash different type of sports, really losing track on what the topic is
But then again everybody hates chris Fox and Murdoch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)