Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Cincinnati
I just found this on Swanni's site.
Has any one else heard of this?

News Digest
Dish Network Could Lose Fox Programming
TVPredictions.com

Washington, D.C. (September 8, 2010) -- Dish Network subscribers apparently are facing the possibility of losing some Fox programming networks on October 1.

Some local Fox affiliates are now posting notices at their web sites saying that Dish may stop carrying Fox Sports, FX and National Geographic on October 1. And the satcaster could stop carrying the local Fox affiliates on November 1, the notices say.

If an agreement is not reached, it would mean that Dish viewers would lose everything from Fox's new fall season to regional sports broadcast by Fox Sports channels to Sons of Anarchy on FX.

While neither Fox or Dish Network have issued press releases, the notices would indicate that the two companies are having trouble negotiating a new carriage agreement.

Battles between TV providers and programmers have escalated in recent months with programmers asking for increases to carry their lineups. In June, Dish was forced to drop four Disney high-def channels when it could not reach a new carriage agreement with the programmer; the channels are still off the air.
At MyFoxDFW.com, the web site for the Fox Dallas affiliate, WDFW, the warning notice says Dish subscribers should go to getwhatIpaidfor.com to get more information about the impasse. However, as of this afternoon, the web site had not been established.

The notice also says viewers can call 1-877-99-I-PAID for more information. The line was busy when called today several times by TVPredictions.com.

More Swanni stirring the pot that he got from somewhere else. Negotiations are always happening. If I listened to all this drivel put out I wouldn't have any TV to watch at all....

FOX and NHL Center

Well assume that this FOX & DISH pissing match is real what will this do the Center Ice since many if not most of CI's feeds are from some FOX RSN?

As far as the Fox super stations, I can see where this might happen. But under the new regulations, isn't Dish required to carry "ALL" local stations, regardless of their network affiliate?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)