DIsh Free Antenna Deal

RickyMac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2004
Phenix City, AL
My free antenna from Dish will be installed on Decemeber 1st. I have a few questions:

1. Does this mean that Dish will provide me with guide data for the OTA networks? I currently have waivers for CBS & NBC Distants that I will be losing.

2. Will Dish require me to extend my contract because they are giving me a free installed OTA antenna?

Thanks

See if the free antenna even works before worrying about the guide info. Then seeing all will be new to DISH on 12/1/06 ask them your questions.

Yep, you are correct. I just excepted the offer for curiosity more than anything else.

Actually, I know that an OTA antenna in my area will receive NBC, CBS, FOX and ABC. CW is 23 miles away and does not come in. I wonder if the Dish OTA antenna will be good enough to bring in the CW.

So as I read the post the installation is free but you get a reduced price on the antenna ?

Dish's reduced prices for the models per that post were:

Sensar GS-1100 $49.99
Amplified Sensar GS-2200 $69.99
Square Shooter SS-1000 $109.99
Amplified Square Shooter SS-2000 $119.99
Yagi HD - 9095 $79.99
Yagi HD - 7084 $119.99

I checked and the SS-1000 at Warren Electronics is 88.70. $20 less that Dish so where is the deal ?

Last edited:
gjh3260: You're certainly free to buy your own antenna and either install it yourself or pay someone to install it. Dish's price includes "supplies" too. Let us know if you can get that done for less than $89....

DIsh contacted me by phone and told me that I would lose my DNS on December 1st. Dish offered me a free antenna (type unknown) with a free install. The install date is December 1st between 8-12.

gjh3260: You're certainly free to buy your own antenna and either install it yourself or pay someone to install it. Dish's price includes "supplies" too. Let us know if you can get that done for less than $89....

fortunately I dont have this problem as I dont have DNS. Curious as to whether there would be a cost for the antenna and, based on other posts, it looks like Dish is offering both a free antenna and free installation. Therefore no cost to the customer. True or false ?

I received the same phone call and accepted the offer. It will be real interesting for me as I am in the US Virgin Islands and have a 1.8meter to see 119. Our dish requirements are at least a 4ft to receive 110. We shall see.

Jim

"free antenna"

fortunately I dont have this problem as I dont have DNS. Curious as to whether there would be a cost for the antenna and, based on other posts, it looks like Dish is offering both a free antenna and free installation. Therefore no cost to the customer. True or false ?

I got the free antenna - it didn't cost a thing for antenna or install - it also didn't do a thing. I didn't get a single channel.

Dish Never showed up so I called back and Habib or who ever told them they rescheduled the install to December 15 as there currently out of Antennas. Now Ihave basic one on the roof that is just sitting there as it needs fine tuning. . . .

And I was told buy the first CSR that my regular antenna was to be replaced by a high quality antenna. . . .

I will wait and see

Dish Never showed up so I called back and Habib or who ever told them they rescheduled the install to December 15 as there currently out of Antennas. Now Ihave basic one on the roof that is just sitting there as it needs fine tuning. . . .

And I was told buy the first CSR that my regular antenna was to be replaced by a high quality antenna. . . .

I will wait and see

Take a Video of the Installer and see if he knows how to take it out of the Box? :clap