Dish, get your 4K S*** together...

I’m read several articles saying hdmi cables don’t matter, like this one:

I’m not sure what to think really.

You sure it's the same error? I didn't know they had 4K transmission and recording capability over a year ago?
Yep exact same error I even came back here to make sure that is what I saw.
The playback isn't 4k content either...standard HD feed old recording off HBO or something is what I was going back to watch.

I wish the 4k picture was actually better than the regular HD on Fox or whatever network The 4k looks washed out and no color popping out at me I guess thats a satellite compression issue

Ok, I bit the bullet again and bought two of the highest rated 8K, 48Gbps cables I could get. And they are not all that expansive either. Even though I only needed 3 ft from the Hopper to the Denon, these only come in two lengths, 6.5 and 10 feet. I replaced both from the Hopper to the Denon and then from the Denon Master HDMI out to the input eARC on my Sony A9G.

Watching BlueJays/Bulldogs basketball right now, perfect picture. No complaining about the receiver has detected....

So if you don't want to bother with the channel down bypass (not sure if it also bypasses the full 4K experience, I swear this is clearer than when I watched the NFL games) you can spend about $40 bucks and get the right cables. I needed 10 feet to get from the Denon to the TV, but if yours is closer two 6.5 footers would do it. Remember, you need to replace the entire transfer path. Hopper to your AVR, AVR to the TV.

Just an FYI,

Amazon product ASIN B07S1CGQ9Z

View attachment 149864View attachment 149865
So, an 8K HDR HDMI worked. I am going to have to buy these, just to see if it actually works on my Vizio 4K HDR, On my setting on my Vizio 4K HDR, it says it is not 4K HDR. Should I also buy 8K HDR HDMI for my 4K DVD Player, also?

I wish the 4k picture was actually better than the regular HD on Fox or whatever network The 4k looks washed out and no color popping out at me I guess thats a satellite compression issue
While I can't discount the satellite compression idea I believe it is more the fact that the sports 4K productions from Fox are HDR and that is more likely why we are seeing washed out colors. DISH is not presenting these in HDR even though they have an HDR channel, 540-02. I am certain the reason for that is that their contract with Fox only allows one stream. That is important because those DISH subscribers that do not have HDR capable TVs or have 4K Joeys only as their source of 4K, which are not capable of HDR, would not be able to watch any of those sports productions at all if they were 4K/HDR only. We had that a few years back when the Olympics were presented in 4K/HDR and there was outcry from the early adopter 4K TV owners and those with 4K Joeys only. DISH is not the only provider with an issue with washed out colors. I have seen, over on the AVS website, complaints of this issue with some other providers. I, myself, choose to use the Fox sports app on my 4K Roku or 4K FireStick to watch these programs because they are presented in 4K/HDR and they look wonderful. I simply use my DISH credentials to login to the app and it works perfectly.

While I can't discount the satellite compression idea I believe it is more the fact that the sports 4K productions from Fox are HDR and that is more likely why we are seeing washed out colors. DISH is not presenting these in HDR even though they have an HDR channel, 540-02. I am certain the reason for that is that their contract with Fox only allows one stream. That is important because those DISH subscribers that do not have HDR capable TVs or have 4K Joeys only as their source of 4K, which are not capable of HDR, would not be able to watch any of those sports productions at all if they were 4K/HDR only. We had that a few years back when the Olympics were presented in 4K/HDR and there was outcry from the early adopter 4K TV owners and those with 4K Joeys only. DISH is not the only provider with an issue with washed out colors. I have seen, over on the AVS website, complaints of this issue with some other providers. I, myself, choose to use the Fox sports app on my 4K Roku or 4K FireStick to watch these programs because they are presented in 4K/HDR and they look wonderful. I simply use my DISH credentials to login to the app and it works perfectly.
Thanks Bobby, Our problem is we live just outside the city limits so we cant get good internet, and even crappy internet is at a premium price We can't get cable tv, but I'd rather have dish because of the Hopper

Reactions: charlesrshell
So, an 8K HDR HDMI worked. I am going to have to buy these, just to see if it actually works on my Vizio 4K HDR, On my setting on my Vizio 4K HDR, it says it is not 4K HDR. Should I also buy 8K HDR HDMI for my 4K DVD Player, also?
To get the full signal though, the entire path should be the same cables. If you have the 8K going to the TV then you should also get the 8K for the DVD player IMHO. Same as for the Hopper if you want to watch 4K programming in the future.

Reactions: jackson85