Dish getting tight - no resolution offer from ceo@echostar.com

Zero327 said:
Corporate greed is the concept America was founded on, so I'm not sure how you get that it's anti-American. We call it capitalism though. A teacher should really know these things. ;P

Yes, they should stop having more kids. If you have 3 TVs and consider yourself the average middle class family, you have issues; or awesome welfare checks, but either way. I am NOT middle class by the present definition (I'm not loaded like Chuck is either,) but I only have two TVs. I should probably hit the mission tomorrow for some chow.

anti. You had it wrong. KAB is not a Charlie family member but zero is a long lost son.:)

Well, it appears the Dish resolution/retention team is getting very tight on giving offers or credits or any other offer and basically told me to walk.

yea charlie never replies to me either and i e-mail him at ceo@dishnetwork.com too! WHATS UP WITH THAT?!

I agree with KAB.... when have you ever seen a CEO doing customer saves?
it would be pretty cool... but wake up and smell the bacon man.

but my years worth of free starz is pretty cool.... I didn't even do anything for that. plus ima get me one of those sling adapters so i can watch tv on my galaxy S phone. HOW DOPE IS DAT?!

What a load of S***. Are you still here gripping about the practices of the awful Charlie. Get real tired of the diatribe. The contracts are so that they get a reasonable return on the investment in the customer by sending them a unit that is worth several hundred dollars. I don't love Charlie but I sure don't hate him. Get really tired of you B***hing about the terrible Charlie. Please don't start with the NPS story now.

I guess you didn't read my post. Maybe you should read it again... Did I once mention Charlie? All Contracts are B.S. No matter who they come from. Even DirecTV! and I have them.

Guess the way to go now days is to have the house wired for cable, after their special is over, get Dish and leave the dishes up when going to Direct when their special is over and leave Directs dishes up when their special's over and keep rotating services.

Things are getting tough though with the bad economy, competition from DTV in the cities, RedBox $1 rentals, Netflix's watch instantly now available on most BlueRay WiFi equipted DVD players.

Looks like they were trying to get into the action i.e. with the TR40 & TR50 and their short trial of limited selection of $1 movies. I think they quit too soon on these endevers, but such is life, so they will continue to loose more and more and start cutting "non profitable" customers in their down spiral instead of being compeditive.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but if you got it from Dish, I'm almost positive they only lease equipment ... and paying $100-150 makes it being a lease all the more likely. If you "own" the receiver, it would have cost $400 minimum for something like a ViP622.
You're right about this being a leased receiver.

The part about not being able to buy DISH Network equipment outright is wrong. Owned DISH Network equipment is available through many sources including dishstore.net (a title sponsor here). Owned DIRECTV equipment is usually only available from DIRECTV unless it "fell off a truck".

Umm, I had to re-read my own post but nowhere did I say one can't own Dish equipment.
DISH Network is among those who will sell you DISH Network equipment outright.

You may recall that many have been forced to buy their equipment outright from DISH Network (or a third party) as a result of being at the leased equipment limit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts