"DISH Gives You A Choice" flyer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Antennas have zero tuners. It comes down to your receiver. I'm guessing if you need more than one tuner, that you actually spend a good bit of time watching shows delivered by your local broadcaster.

I still have my old vip211k and the OTA tuner works great. I have had an antenna up for many years. When the Portland broadcasters went to digital in 2009, I had to wait a few years before we got OTA digital out here. I had the 211k before that but could not use the OTA tuner, as it does not do analog. But the wait was well worth it with 16 OTA stations, and several have guide info.

I don’t get why they would give you a free antenna to save $12/mo

Locals can’t cost them more than a dollar or 2 depending on the area.

I have it on good authority from a friend that works at the station that when Dish was in dispute with WNCN back in 2013, the station was asking for $4 per subscriber per month. Not sure what other stations are asking for, but that was almost 6 years ago in a top 30 market.

And that doesn't include administrative and uplink costs. I really can see locals going away, those in fringe areas with no DMA should qualify for East/West network feeds like the old days. As subscriber losses continue to mount, Dish won't be able to offer costly options like locals.

I believe the local affiliates are trying to make up for retrans revenue dropping due to less cable subscribers by raising rates.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I thought that you would lose local guide data for OTA if you don't subscribe to locals via sat. Am I wrong?

And that doesn't include administrative and uplink costs. I really can see locals going away, those in fringe areas with no DMA should qualify for East/West network feeds like the old days. As subscriber losses continue to mount, Dish won't be able to offer costly options like locals.

I believe the local affiliates are trying to make up for retrans revenue dropping due to less cable subscribers by raising rates.
Since most of these are on multi year contracts, I don't think a drop in restrans revenue will equate to increased costs from other MVPDs (yet).

For those interesting in the competition is good and adding more OTA guide data
Some FAQ and docs are on post 137
New OTA adapter

For other photos do a google search on Directv "Local channel connector"
The other site has a photo of their flyer and the Cutting Edge site also has a list of the Thousands of new OTA guide Data added by Directv.
Hopefully DIsh is seeing this and starts to add guide data also, they already have the Guide Data for their AirTV device (also owned by Dish Echo Star so we know they have the data somewhere).

For those interesting in the competition is good and adding more OTA guide data
Some FAQ and docs are on post 137
New OTA adapter

For other photos do a google search on Directv "Local channel connector"
The other site has a photo of their flyer and the Cutting Edge site also has a list of the Thousands of new OTA guide Data added by Directv.
Hopefully DIsh is seeing this and starts to add guide data also, they already have the Guide Data for their AirTV device (also owned by Dish Echo Star so we know they have the data somewhere).
Glad to see DirecTV is getting back in the OTA game.

no way to get locals here even with antenna but they have secv. local pack begins at 20 bucks with these channels below
Service Electric Cablevision | Channel Lineup
i dont know if they would charge a franchise fee, and other fees probably receiver fee but dunno.

if i could get over the air i would but this area is mountains so no other way then dish. :)
secv is good for internet i love there speed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)