Dish guide not scrolling channels

dcroybal

Original poster
Oct 28, 2008
Safford, AZ
My guide will not scroll channels, stuck on a eight channels but will not scroll more channels than those same eight channels. Anybody else with this problem?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

My guide will not scroll channels, stuck on a eight channels but will not scroll more channels than those same eight channels. Anybody else with this problem?

Make sure your guide is selected for all subscribed.

Reactions: TheKrell

Have you checked the Guide Setting to see if it is on All Channels? If it is on a Custom Guide, please check the channels that are to be included on the Customer Guide.

Reactions: TheKrell
I've got the same problem with my "Main" custom guide freezing on the same page of channels - can't go up and can't go down to other pages. The problem started when the new 331 software was installed.
When I first found the problem I found the all channels guide worked but my custom guide didn't, so I made a third custom guide with about three pages of channels and found that it worked OK. So later that day I went back to my "main" guide and it worked so I left it there.
Then the next day the guide was frozen again so I went to the new custom guide and it worked OK, then later that evening my main guide worked.
Really strange sporadic problem that didn't show up until the U331 software upgrade. I can live with it but it is a pain to do so.

This definitely just started for us with the new upgrade! It can be remedied, but you have to go into the options menu EVERY time the Hopper or Joey is turned back on. It used to work fine...why can't they leave stuff alone?

Good grief, this is maddening. Has anyone heard any update on this?

My trick (going out of my favorite list to the full list, then back into the favorite list) doesn't fix this problem any more. Even a Power button reset won't do it. It is how happening all the time. I hate having to use the full list (full of junk channels).

Sometimes a power plug reset will fix, sometimes not????

OK - I think I figured out what was causing the problem.
At first I made a new custom guide and added all the channels that were in my "Main" guide. All worked well for a day or so then it froze. When it froze the channels shown were always the SEC and Pac 12 channels. Last night I took the SEC and Pac 12 channels out and all works well - including my "Main" listing.
When the latest software update was released the SEC and Pac12 channels disappeared for some reason and when I added them back in the problems started, so something changed with those channels causing the problems. These channels were part of a drop down menu before the software update then I needed to add them individually after the change - maybe that is part of the problem.

Interesting. I had also made a new favorite list a couple of days ago and have been using it, seems to work OK. Just went and looked at this new list and, by luck, I didn't happen to add SEC or PAC 12. My previous faulty list does have them.

Thanks for posting this, I've been puzzled over why the new list was working.

I realize these are old posts from 2016, but I have this same issue and removed any reference to SEC or PAC12 channels. Still freezes on the first screen of channels. I removed anything that may have "alternate" channels as well, thinking that may be related. No joy, still freezes. Was there ever a permanent solution put out on this as this forum is the only place I can see this issue discussed.

Thanks in advance.

My Joey 3 does this - when I turn it on the first time almost daily, the Guide is stuck on the last 8 channels in my list. I can scroll through these 8 channels only.

From the Guide, I press Options on my 54.0 remote then 5. Press Options again then 4, Back then Guide and the Guide is back to normal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)