DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

Very much disagree. I doubt many would pay $15 mo for the 5 or 6 HBO linear channels alone. I know I do not. While I understand why the authentication servers are not top priority right now the fact is those of us who pay for these services are not getting what we are paying for.
People were paying $15 a month for HBO before HBOMax ever existed. I know I was. Then HBO left Dish for some time and I subbed directly through HBO for that same $15 a month. Then came HBOMax and I found that my HBO sub included HBOMax as well. When Dish retained HBO again I subbed once again through Dish and I was still able to use the Max app. It will be back, I'm confident of that.

People were paying $15 a month for HBO before HBOMax ever existed. I know I was. Then HBO left Dish for some time and I subbed directly through HBO for that same $15 a month. Then came HBOMax and I found that my HBO sub included HBOMax as well. When Dish retained HBO again I subbed once again through Dish and I was still able to use the Max app. It will be back, I'm confident of that.
Not exactly accurate. Even before that dispute that led to HBO being removed from Dish we had the "HBO GO" streaming service available to those that subscribed to HBO in Dish. Of course HBO GO wasn't available until about 15 years ago (eventually morphing into HBO MAX a couple of years ago), but when it did it was automatically available to all HBO cable/satellite subscribers. At least that's how i remember it.

I only write checks for my taxes and church tithes and missions. I have auto pay set up using my Chase Visa for my Spectrum internet, electric, Dish, and health insurance bills. I also use my Chase Visa for groceries and dining out. My Chase visa auto debits the full balance monthly from my checking. I earn 1% cash back on all of my Chase purchases and 5% cash back on Select categories. I don’t use cash anymore. When credit card companies solicit me I ask them how much will you pay me to use your credit card. I have never paid interest on any credit card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I only write checks for services performed at my house like Plumber, electrician and Repair man for appliances. I used to write a monthly rent check but they now require a direct debit from my checking. Same for my electric bill. All my streaming services and cell phone bill etc are set up and paid on my credit card and then I pay it off the end of the month before the 1st when it is due. I pay taxes or get refunds by debit and direct deposit respectively and have used Credit Karma and now Cash app to do my taxes since 2016. Very convenient and I have access to all my past returns on the app. I only take $100.00 a month for my personal spending for hair cuts and tips etc and my wife gets $100.00 as well. Money that can be spent on what ever you want with no questions asked.

I only write checks for services performed at my house like Plumber, electrician and Repair man for appliances. I used to write a monthly rent check but they now require a direct debit from my checking. Same for my electric bill. All my streaming services and cell phone bill etc are set up and paid on my credit card and then I pay it off the end of the month before the 1st when it is due. I pay taxes or get refunds by debit and direct deposit respectively and have used Credit Karma and now Cash app to do my taxes since 2016. Very convenient and I have access to all my past returns on the app. I only take $100.00 a month for my personal spending for hair cuts and tips etc and my wife gets $100.00 as well. Money that can be spent on what ever you want with no questions asked.
I use to only write checks for my kids & grand kids for birthdays & Christmas. Now I use PayPal. I use my Chase credit card as if it is my bank's debit card, then pay it off every month. Builds up lots of reward cash credits that I then apply back to the card. The chase credit card has more protection than my bank's debit card.

Reactions: BarnRat and Tampa8
I trust you realize that the costs of printing and mailing paper bills are merely part of the "cost of business" that is passed on to all of us...? You can still pay manually on-line on the date you choose. Unless your real motive is to support the USPS then I suggest you switch to electronic payment like most of the rest of us do for most bill paying. The "savings" the company realize won't appear as price reductions but they might reduce or delay a bit the next price hike. The only things I pay by paper anymore are those that can't be paid on line, like my local taxes (those dolts are stuck in the 20th century!), or a few local service providers who charge a premium to those who use plastic...which I actually favor...
Like I said before, I keep all bills for reference and I write on the bills including the payment type including the full name of the credit card and bank, last 4 digits of the credit card as well as the confirmation number on the actual payment section of the physical statement and my bill is part of my service which I am paying for so unless you were paying my bills, please don't suggest anything because the one who is paying should have the final say on the matter. If you like paperless, then you stick with paperless as it's it's your service and bill you are paying for. I keep all bills and I write on them along with the confirmation information. In case of things that are paid by credit card, I will sometimes make multiple payments as I have also made 5 payments daily with DISH which is what their daily transaction limit is for another reason. And besides that, you missed the entire point of why I need paper bills as I prefer to pay bills manually which I always stack in each of the original envelopes so that when the day comes, I will know what is due that day and pay it as I have over 20 bills per month. Local Property Taxes are still paid online but that is from a bank account. The only one who has a service fee for using a credit card is PG&E (Pacific Gas & Electric) which has a $1.35 fee, what I do is pay $187.53 which with the $1.35 added is $188.88 and that usually will be a overpayment and you wonder why I chose to pay the fee, it's because my credit card provides 5% on the payment amount which means I get back $9.44-$1.35=$8.09 saved which is better than paying from a bank account with no fee since I am still paying $4.28 less. If I went electronic billing like you suggested, my costs will be higher than the bill because now I would need to pay for the paper and ink costs to print the statement for my bill paying and record keeping purposes plus the cost of the envelope as I usually have a high stack of bills which can fall off wherever I stack them as the sheets will not be stapled which means I will be paying more than 100% of the payment due value after adding in those costs. That's almost like me telling you to pay $1.05 for $1.00 worth of something. If you look at other providers in the telecom sector, you will see that they all will offer discounts for paperless statements and/or using autopay which would be an incentive for consumers to actually go that route. If you know how companies operate, the costs of paper billing are already factored in as overhead costs as it's already included in the prices since DISH is not a charity and they already know already what their costs are and assume everyone was paper billing to determine the prices to charge. If they have a lot of customers, then they can have lower prices and if they have fewer customers, then they will need to make the prices higher since the total revenue would be less when there are less subscribers. I own and run a Internet Service Provider for the last 33 years so I know how this works.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
I should have mentioned that my water department is a nonprofit, so it was decided to allow each person to determine if they want to pay the fee instead of everyone. It's a good 50/50 split of those that send in checks or PayPal.

Like I said before, I keep all bills for reference and I write on the bills including the payment type including the full name of the credit card and bank, last 4 digits of the credit card as well as the confirmation number on the actual payment section of the physical statement and my bill is part of my service which I am paying for so unless you were paying my bills, please don't suggest anything because the one who is paying should have the final say on the matter. If you like paperless, then you stick with paperless as it's it's your service and bill you are paying for. I keep all bills and I write on them along with the confirmation information. In case of things that are paid by credit card, I will sometimes make multiple payments as I have also made 5 payments daily with DISH which is what their daily transaction limit is for another reason. And besides that, you missed the entire point of why I need paper bills as I prefer to pay bills manually which I always stack in each of the original envelopes so that when the day comes, I will know what is due that day and pay it as I have over 20 bills per month. Local Property Taxes are still paid online but that is from a bank account. The only one who has a service fee for using a credit card is PG&E (Pacific Gas & Electric) which has a $1.35 fee, what I do is pay $187.53 which with the $1.35 added is $188.88 and that usually will be a overpayment and you wonder why I chose to pay the fee, it's because my credit card provides 5% on the payment amount which means I get back $9.44-$1.35=$8.09 saved which is better than paying from a bank account with no fee since I am still paying $4.28 less. If I went electronic billing like you suggested, my costs will be higher than the bill because now I would need to pay for the paper and ink costs to print the statement for my bill paying and record keeping purposes plus the cost of the envelope as I usually have a high stack of bills which can fall off wherever I stack them as the sheets will not be stapled which means I will be paying more than 100% of the payment due value after adding in those costs. That's almost like me telling you to pay $1.05 for $1.00 worth of something. If you look at other providers in the telecom sector, you will see that they all will offer discounts for paperless statements and/or using autopay which would be an incentive for consumers to actually go that route. If you know how companies operate, the costs of paper billing are already factored in as overhead costs as it's already included in the prices since DISH is not a charity and they already know already what their costs are and assume everyone was paper billing to determine the prices to charge. If they have a lot of customers, then they can have lower prices and if they have fewer customers, then they will need to make the prices higher since the total revenue would be less when there are less subscribers. I own and run a Internet Service Provider for the last 33 years so I know how this works.
WOW, I keep all my bills too. Annotate on them date payed, amount, & how paid either auto payed from my credit union or credit card & file them away. I get all my bills by email & then print them. I still keep up with my check book and and check everything with end of month statement. Drives my wife crazy, LOL. She doesn't do any of that. I have all my DISH bills since I joined in 2007.

Reactions: Almighty1
I just received my bill email today. It's changed quite a bit. Instead of the email containing the bill details in the text, they've attached a proper bill pdf. Also, the email now includes my account number, while in the past it only included the last four numbers.

It also tells me that if I'm not on autopay, I can pay through the mydish link. I expect to see a charge on my credit card any day now.

I just received my bill email today. It's changed quite a bit. Instead of the email containing the bill details in the text, they've attached a proper bill pdf. Also, the email now includes my account number, while in the past it only included the last four numbers.

It also tells me that if I'm not on autopay, I can pay through the mydish link. I expect to see a charge on my credit card any day now.
Yup me too. I just got an email with my bill as a .pdf attachment about 1/2 an hour ago.

Autopay scheduled for the 17th instead of the usual 15th.

I noticed everything you said there. I wanted to add, the domain name is different now.
It's from dishstatement.com instead of dishemail.com

I have all my DISH bills since I joined in 2007.
I have all my DISH bills from even before that, plus all my other bills and bank/investment statements and payment confirmation emails. All stored electronically, secured and backed up. Much easier to deal with than paper for me.

I have all my DISH bills from even before that, plus all my other bills and bank/investment statements and payment confirmation emails. All stored electronically, secured and backed up. Much easier to deal with than paper for me.
Good idea. I should do electronic storing too. I keep all that too except for the confirm emails. Got two big filing cabinets in our office. What a mess for my wife when I depart someday.

Reactions: BarnRat and Tampa8
If you haven't already, I recommend signing up for https://haveibeenpwned.com/ to monitor for your email, etc.

May not even ever know for sure the scope of this breach (publicly at least) until the data resurfaces for sale / trade, etc on the dark web. Once that happens if you have emails and stuff there that site will notify you if they're able to verify and parse the data set.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

If you haven't already, I recommend signing up for https://haveibeenpwned.com/ to monitor for your email, etc.

May not even ever know for sure the scope of this breach (publicly at least) until the data resurfaces for sale / trade, etc on the dark web. Once that happens if you have emails and stuff there that site will notify you if they're able to verify and parse the data set.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
There are several of these hacked/dark web/ breached/ protection removal companies popping up quickly. Even BIG companies like Norton

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-10 200625.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-03-10 200625.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 56