DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

But there were no satellite or cable only channels back then...just better OTA reception
Was before my time as first time I even saw cable tv was when our restaurant's customer who was the son of the cable company's owners came and gave us free service which was in 1979 in Canton, Mississippi when I was 5 years old. Then the next time was when we got cable tv which did require an STB as an actual customer was on July 20, 1984 with Viacom Cablevision which became TCI then AT&T Cable then Comcast.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Good point. In my case, he only did that at the beginning before he went to fix things. I would think the better way to do it is to check the signal at the earliest point that can be checked and then work to the end of the cable going into the receiver to see if things don't change too much and then if it does, it is either the cable or something more upstream.

For some reason, I always thought you actually worked with DISH directly, ofcourse this is based on memory from at least 6-7 years ago. I know with Comcast, the real Comcast vehicles will say Xfinity on it while the contractors will
say Comcast on it and then another name in a smaller print.
I work for a RSP - Regional Service Provider. Typically larger subs, which cover entire regions, with for us, almost all of Illinois, Central Ohio, southern Michigan, Western Indiana and Northeast and East/Central Iowa. Pretty large area.

That's interesting and you are right as it depends on that individual's personality. I know with the D*TV installation in 2009, it was a contractor as they even had their companies sticker with contact information on the DVR and said to call that if I had any issues within the first x amount of days. When it's a service call, are the techs supposed to have any paperwork to either give the customer or sign?
No, It's all electronic. The only handouts we use are the Booklets that come with the receivers and any sales info, like Nest, ADT, etc.

I continue to see lower call wait times and they are able to do more each day. They all just want to go back to normal and they all really appreciate our patients and understanding. One tried to apologies to me and I stopped her and said "There is nothing you did I fully understand" (I could hear a big sigh of relief) My tech described this attack as "massive" and "destroyed every system Dish owns "He also claimed that 110 did for a couple of days had a much lower signal strength"

The bluejeans and shoes give it away. Dish requires black pants and black shoes. Some subs do as well. His van is absolutely not Dish. They still can be excellent and sometimes better.
But might be limited in the resources available and also might not have the up to date parts compared to someone who works for DISH like one can use Commscope for cables and the others might use Amphenol TFC for example.

I got a paper bill in the mail yesterday. Was the same exact copy of the bill I got on the .pdf attachment to an e-mail from DISH earlier this week. Autopay for the 17th. Showed up as a pending transaction on my credit card today. So, so far so good.

On Tuesday March 14 I received an email from Dish saying your bill is ready and autopay will pay on March 17th which is my normal billing date. Today, Saturday March 18th I received my Dish bill in the mail. I checked my Chase visa and Dish has debited my account. So Dish billing and autopay are all working again.
Also Dish Anywhere is now working on my basement Firestick. So Dish is getting their systems back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I'm kind of an outlier (welcome pack which I'd paused the day before the hack) but just got an email with the last month's worth of adjustments and bills. And surprise! Should I decide to return, my monthly charge(formerly $46 and change) will now be....$57 and change. I don't see how ppl can afford TV at this rate. Will continue evaluating our OTA reception and programming while exhausting our DVR content. Probably outta here after that. Everyone here has been gracious and very very helpful, I'll always appreciate that, thanks!

Ok, I'm kind of an outlier (welcome pack which I'd paused the day before the hack) but just got an email with the last month's worth of adjustments and bills. And surprise! Should I decide to return, my monthly charge(formerly $46 and change) will now be....$57 and change. I don't see how ppl can afford TV at this rate. Will continue evaluating our OTA reception and programming while exhausting our DVR content. Probably outta here after that. Everyone here has been gracious and very very helpful, I'll always appreciate that, thanks!
I'm fairly certain that the conditions of any Dish Pause will cause the loss of any and all current discounts on the account.

I've never gone on Pause for that reason, knowing I'd lose my $7 Loyal Customer DVR fee and it would jump to $15.

I'm fairly certain that the conditions of any Dish Pause will cause the loss of any and all current discounts on the account.

I've never gone on Pause for that reason, knowing I'd lose my $7 Loyal Customer DVR fee and it would jump to $15.
I'd just completely forgotten about that clause. For some reason I thought being out of contract invalidated it. Doesn't matter anyway. After we finish the DVR content, we're likely gone. We got a lot of use out of Dish in the past, I mean my God, our 211k was installed in 2009 I think. Never had to do anything but a power cycle once or twice. Will they even want it back at this point? --Anyway, one less box to clutter up the room...

I'd just completely forgotten about that clause. For some reason I thought being out of contract invalidated it. Doesn't matter anyway. After we finish the DVR content, we're likely gone. We got a lot of use out of Dish in the past, I mean my God, our 211k was installed in 2009 I think. Never had to do anything but a power cycle once or twice. Will they even want it back at this point? --Anyway, one less box to clutter up the room...
Once things are restored you can probably get the discounts added again and $57 a month is chump change compared to most people's bills

Once things are restored you can probably get the discounts added again and $57 a month is chump change compared to most people's bills
I imagine. And yes, the scale of TV expense is not lost on us. And we're in the age group that should be locked into getting our TV from a box, so to speak. Something similar happened right after we got cell phones. That largeish bill for the landline made less and less sense for us. Similar process here, I think. And I want to clarify that I'm not dumping on Dish, the system and especially not on any of you here on this forum, you've all been extremely helpful and informative, thanks again.

Reactions: Almighty1
I imagine. And yes, the scale of TV expense is not lost on us. And we're in the age group that should be locked into getting our TV from a box, so to speak. Something similar happened right after we got cell phones. That largeish bill for the landline made less and less sense for us. Similar process here, I think. And I want to clarify that I'm not dumping on Dish, the system and especially not on any of you here on this forum, you've all been extremely helpful and informative, thanks again.
I'm with you. I'm a terrible spokesperson for the industry I work in. I'd never pay all that money to watch 5 channels when I can stream what I need for much less